Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Elder Peterson 2/11/13

Thanks for the update on everything. It did make me miss you a bit but I am a big boy. I am sorry that my letters haven't been very long I really am but it is hard to compile my thoughts. But I am going to try to better today.
Well, first off I want to start out with a story. This Saturday one of our Zone Teeachers came in and started to scold us about how we were wasting the Lord's time. He peeked in on us and saw that we weren't studying as a district and he talked about how we need to be more focused. It really hit me honestly. I started to contemplate about my focus here on my mission. Was I really out here for the right reasons? How were my studies going? I realized that I needed to change. I realized that I needed to better myself because I wasn't as focused as a could've been. I really want to be the best missionary i can be and if I want to get there I need to change. It was a really neat experience.
Alright you sent me two Word documents and I cannot view them on the computers. I won't be able to view them unless you copy and paste them on the computer. The computers are EXTREMELY limited here.
ALright another story. Yesterday for our "Movie" night, we watched a talk by Tad R. Callister about the Great Apostasy. It was awesome! I learned a lot. While teaching the lessons, the Great Apostasy has been one of my hardest Doctrines to teach. After this talk I feel really confident in teaching the Great Apostasy.

Well a couple things to update on. I am wanting to call you tonight around 10:00 instead of tomorrow morning. Turns out we are allowed to call you while we are waiting for our plane so PLEASE be ready for me to call around 10:00 tonight. I bought a Phone card and will be limited to my minutes so it will be a max of a 30 minute conversation. I can't wait to talk to all of you!

I am sorry I am trying to write a lot but there is so much people and I am trying to hurry. And I am not doing spell check so don't judge. The MTC has been an amazing experience. I am amazed about how much I have grown in the past few weeks. I feel like a new man and I say that because I am a man. :) I feel so much closer the the Lord. I have grown to appreciate the Atonement so much more while I have been here. Well, I will write longer emails next week I promise. But I want to spend the next few minutes by sending pictures and I will try to put captions.

I love you and miss you,

Elder Peterson


No comments:

Post a Comment