Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Elder Peterson 2/13/13

Dear Family,

I made it safely!! The plane ride was really long and annoying but it was enjoyable at the same time. We had the lay-over in New York and on the plane from there I sat next to a man named Ivan. He lives in Maryland and his sister is a member of the Church. He was born in Peru and is a really nice man. I got to talk to him a lot about our religion and what he believes. He has been to church a few times and said that he enjoyed it, but hasn't been there for about 3 years. He has also read the Book of Mormon a little bit. It is really exciting. I gave him a pass along card and bore my testimony to him about how the Book of Mormon and the Church can and will bless his life. I also encouraged him to talk to his sister about having missionary discussions.

I was really tired all day yesterday. We arrived to DC about 9:00 their time and Pres. and Sister Matsumori were there to pick us up. They are the nicest people that i have ever met. They immediately came and Pres. Matsumori gave us big hugs, and Sis. Matsumori shook our hands (if she could hug us she would've). I am so happy that they are our Mission Presidents.

After the airport we went straight to the Temple to take pictures and have a "Sacred Grove" moment. During my sacred grove experience I basically told Heavenly Father that I am dedicating myself to him and I would need His help to be a successful missionary. I know that he was listening to me and that he will be with me every step of the way. The temple is the single most beautiful thing in the entire world. I could feel the spiit very strongly while I was there. I am sending some pictures of the temple and everything just to let you know.

We went to IHOP for breakfast and boy was it awesome. That was one of the first normal meals afte the MTC. I stuffed myself with pancakes. After IHOP we went to the Mission Home and took a nap. A 3 hour long nap at that. It was amazing. Then we got up and had some training and tips for our missions. During the training Pres. Matsumori conducted our personal interviews. He told me that he is expecting great things from me and that I cannot let him down. It was a very powerful experience and I am very impressed of how loving and caring he is.

Alright I don't have much time but I want to get into today. I met my companion. His name is Elder Gremillion and he is from Roy, Utah. And he is 6'8". He has a very powerful testimony of the Gospel and has a great story of how he was converted to the Gospel. I am very excited to be his companion and he is being very patient about everything cause I am a major struggle for sure. And guess what also? The senior couple that is in my ward is Elder and Sister Porter! they are very nice and it was really cool to meet them.

I am just very overwhelmed about the whole experience. I can't believe that it is actually here! I am a missionary!! I am so excited to do the Lord's work and be an instrument in His hands. I am very blessed and I will write more things in my letter to you. I love you all and I miss you very much. And thanks for the valentine cards and everything else that was sent.

Once again I love you all very much and I will make you proud!

- Elder Peterson

 A view of the DC Temple from the freeway
 
A group shot with all the new missionaries

Elder Peterson with President and Sister Matsumori
 
The Washington DC North Mission Home
 
 
Elder Peterson and Elder Peterson!!
 

 
Elder Peterson and his first companion Elder Gremillion

No comments:

Post a Comment