Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Elder Peterson 2/4/13

Hello Everyone,

I am still alive. Recovering from a cold but I am alright. How is everyone doing? This past week went by very fast. I have learned a lot and I have grown a lot. I did get all the packages and I don't know how I am going to be able to eat everything. It is a good thing that I have roommates. This past Tuesday we had a devotional and it was great! I don't remember who spoke honestly and I don't have my journal with me but I remember that it was good. I have some good news. My district thinks that I am funny! I don't know why but it makes me feel good about myself. They say that I am the jokester of the bunch and this is the first time that I have had that title. Elder Rios also left this past week. It was great to see him for the last time. I also saw Elder Leavitt and Mission Conference and at the Temple walk on Sunday. Congrats Rebekah! I am very proud of you.
I am just very overwhelmed by the spirit that I have felt here. I had a great experience with reading the scriptures this past week. 2nd Nephi 31 is a very powerful chapter and I love it very much. And my district is getting so close! One of the elders in my district Elder Tavana has a motto from his dad that we are living by. "Obedience brings blessings. Exact obedience brings miracles." It is very hard to be exactly obedient. I catch myself EVERY DAY singing songs that are not mission appropriate. I am trying very hard to stop but it will take a while.
My companion Elder LaVecchia and I are getting really close. It is cool to see how much the spirit is helping us in our lessons. He is a convert to the church and he has been a member for a year and a half. He still struggles a bit with the doctrine but his testimony is very powerful. My room buddies are really cool too. There names are Elder Farley and Elder Johnson. They are also our Zone Leaders.We are all getting very close.
Yesterday was fast Sunday, just in case you didn't know. I wasn't hungry at all and I was pretty proud of myself. We had Mission Conference and a Fireside that were both very powerful. I learned about my testimony and the best way to strengthen it is through sharing it.

 I just have a quick favor to ask. In the next package you send, can you send me some family pictures? I miss you beautiful faces. And can you send me the testimony card from Grandma and Grandpa P? OH and mom I am still working on those letters. Actually I haven't started on them but I will try to get them done...I am getting a calling card and I will call you. I leave at 11:33 Monday night! :( it is going to be a long plane ride. We are supposed to land in Washington DC at 8:30 in the morning. I will try and call you then. It would be 6:30 AZ time just to let you know.

Lastly there won't be any pictures this time. I am planning on buying another memory card and sending my memory card in the mail. I will also write you the names of all of my district so you can know who is who.

I love you all and I miss you all. I will see you sooner than later.

-Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment