Tuesday, March 12, 2013

3/12/13 Hermana Peterson


First things first... Dad, you need to send me your work email then I can send it straight to your email. I think its brop14 something, but let me know. I don´t want to send my email to some stranger.

Anyways, life is good here in the MTC! I definitely had a few hard moments this week, but overall it´s been great. I think my PDAY is more stressful than my other days because I have so much I want to do. BOTH Grandma and Grandpas, I got your letters and I loved them. I planned on writing you back today, but I didn´t have time, I´m sorry. I will definitely try to write you back next PDAY, but I hope life is grand :)

Español is muy deficil, pero es coming along... Really, truly I know more now than I did after 2 years in high school. We taught Ruby our 6th lesson (I think) yesterday, and our teacher Hermano Byrd is taking on the role of a different investigator tomorrow so then we´ll have two investigators. We taught our first TRC last night, which is where people volunteer to come in and be taught as themselves. We taught a girl named Audrey first, and then we taught the TRC instructor Nate. They are super willing to help us if we don´t know how to say something, or if we said something wrong. We have quite a few different teachers that come in throughout the day and help us, and yesterday I had a little one on one with Hermano Roxas, who helped me understand some of the direct and indirect object pronouns, reflexives, and one other thing that I can´t remember the name of.

Last Tuesday night we had a devotional with a member of the seventy, but I can´t remember his name off the top of my head. Elder A something. He talked about the 3 degrees of glory found in DC 76 and how the theives , liars, and adulterers make it to the terrestrial kingdom and it was just really cool because even us in our human state can´t comprehend the vastness of the terrestrial kingdom. He made us promise to go back to our rooms and right a promise about which kingdom we were going to so that it was in writing and that our posterity would be able to see it. I AM GOING TO MAKE IT TO THE CELESTIAL KINGDOM!! It was a really eye opening experience.

Then on Sunday, all of the sister missionaries in the CCM met for Relief Society, and Sister Carol Stephens, 1st Counselor in the General RS Presidency spoke to us. She talked about and emphasized the need to be obedient with exactness. For the opening song, we all stood and sang As Sisters In ZIon, and it was SO powerful. There were probably about 1,000 of us in the gym. It was awesome! They´re expecting that within the next little bit there will be half and half in the CCM!

Ruby, who is now one of our teachers Hermana Doxy, is coming along great. We have had a game plan each time, and we feel like we are always prompted on exactly what to say. We sang a 3 part renditon of Nearer My God to Thee to her last week (in Español of course), and she started to cry and told us that she really felt the Spirit. We are going to challenge her again this week to be baptized.

I have learned so much about my Savior since I´ve been here and have come SO close to Him. A member of our Branch Presidency, Brother Bradford (He definitely reminds me of Grandpa P), but in Sunday School on Sunday, he was talking about how Mary knew that Jesus was Jesus when he called her by name, after He had been resurrected! The story is in John Ch. 20. and I reread it after he left, and I want to know my Savior so well that I´ll know Him when He calls to me. I want to be the best I can, so that I can always have His Spirit to be with me, so that I can be the most effective missionary in inviting others to come unto Christ. I know that it is only through the Holy Ghost that people are converted, but I am that mouthpiece for our Heavenly Father. The more that I am here, the more I am completely humbled as I learn more about my Savior and all that He did for me, and for everyone.

Dad, this week Hermana Doxy took us into another room with some elders to try using the things we are learning in conversations. The elder that mi compañeras y yo were talking to knows you! Obviously, we found this out in español when we asked where he was from and then I freaked and spoke in English. His name is Drew Callister and he said that you taught him for a semester his senior year and that he loved you. It was just a little tender mercy to me!

I ran into Ken Bolter on Sunday, and he was just made a zone leader! He looked super relieved to see someone he knew haha I think I talked to him twice in high school, but remind Brian and Jenn that he´s coming to their mission. I´ve also run into Kailey Pedersen a few times and she played a SUPER powerful musical number on her cello in RS on Sunday. She leaves tomorrow I think for Houston! Mom or Bekah, tell Meredith on facebook to dearelder me and also to tell me what time she comes in next week so I can see if I can run into her!

Well I´m almost out of time, but I love and miss you so much. I haven´t really gotten homesick, but I have moments where I really miss you. I feel like there's still so much to tell you, but I´m drawing a blank. Laundry time is a joke, and the food is good. But, I gained 5 pounds my first week here. Dad, don´t say I told you so, because I´m back down 3. I work out everyday!!

Scripture of the week: Read John 17-20 and get to know our Savior more. I promise as you become closer to Him, He will become your best friend. I know He's mine!!

Yo se que Jesucristo es El Salvador. Yo se que el Libro de Mormon es la palabra de Dios. Estoy agradecido por Jesucristo. Yo se que Jose Smith es un profeta.

I apologize, the computer is not letting me use accents...

Really, the CCM is great. I love my teachers, I love my leaders, and I love mi compañeras! Life is good, and I know that the Church of Jesus Christ is the true Church!

I think that's all plus I'm out of time. I'd love to hear from you all! Mom I wrote you a letter and it should be coming in Thursday. The rest of you will get yours Friday. Mom let me know if you didn't get it, because I was dumb and forgot a return address! Thanks to everyone who writes, and if I have time I'll write back. I'm sorry if I haven't!

Con amor,
Hermana Peterson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment