Wednesday, March 27, 2013

3/27/13 Elder Peterson

Dear Family, and Everyone else,
Well, this past week was a little bit crazy. I will start with the negative things so I can work my way up to the positive things. This past Thursday Elder Gremillion's bike kind of broke (no really it did). Also, Elder McDonald's bike (he is Elder Johnson's new companion, our roommates) needed a new back tire and so on Saturday after our ward correlation meeting we went on exchanges and Elders Gremillion and McDonald went to the bike shop with Bro. Armstrong to try to get them fixed. Turns out that we will be waiting til this Saturday to get their bikes back. In the mean time the AP's (Assistants to the President) brought over some replacement bikes. Elder McDonald's bike is fine but the replacement Elder Gremillion got wouldn't ride. So, the APs brought over a new bike for him yesterday and on our way to the library to email today it turns out that this new bike's chain is broken and is skipping and so we are going to need even another bike!!! It is pretty annoying. Also, I got sick yesterday. It is some sort of cold that gave me the ache all over feeling and so we stayed home. I couldn't function at all yesterday. SO I slept all day while Elder Gremillion fixed up our bikes and tuned them up. I hope this is all making sense to you.
 
Well, that is basically all of the negative. Now lets move to the positive! Nichole is making A LOT of progress. She came to church on Sunday!! She had a great time. Also, on Monday we were able to have a lesson with her at the Ewing's home. Bro. Ewing is our Ward Mission Leader and he is so legit. He and his wife were able to help out a lot with the lesson. We were able to teach her the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I felt the spirit very strongly. I was able to tell her about a time when I followed the promptings of the Spirit and how it impacted my life. I don't know if you all even know this story and so I will share it with you briefly
 
We were at one of Seth's football games one Saturday afternoon. While we were in the stands Caleb told me that he needed to use the bathroom. So Caleb and I walked over to the bathrooms, he did his business and we were on our way back to the game. Caleb started running ahead and went around a corner so I couldn't see him. After about 10 seconds I had a prompting to tell him to stop. Immediately I yelled out "Caleb stop!" At that moment he was about to cross the street. He stopped, and at the moment he stopped, a car went zooming by.
 
This experience really helped me to realize how important it is to follow the promptings of the Spirit immediately when we are prompted. I don't even want to start thinking about what could've happened. I am just grateful that I followed the Spirit and that I was able to share this experience with Nichole on Monday night.
 
Something else that happened this week that was awesome is that we had a random guy named Walter call us and he wants to get baptized. SO we are starting to teach him the lessons and he is going to be baptized on April 21st.
 
The Lord is definitely blessing us. I am striving my best to be obedient and do what the Lord asks me to do everyday. I am having an amazing experience out here in D.C. I am learning everyday, and I am improving myself everyday.
 
Thank you so much for the emails. I was able to see the pictures of the new rooms and additions to them. Everything is looking fantastic! I am sending some letters in the mail today. And I did receive the razor package but haven't received the Easter Package. Letters and Packages do take a while to get to me so it takes a lot of patience on my part.
 
I love you all and I miss you all. I keep you in my prayers every night.
Love,
Elder Peterson

2 comments:

  1. He is an amazing young man!! Love the letters!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey,
      Are you able to view the videos posted on the DC blog from the Matsumoris? I can't view them at all...just wondering.

      Delete