Friday, March 29, 2013

3/29/13 Hermana Peterson needs your prayers!


No I'm not breaking rules because I'm supposed to do this, but I've got to do it quick because we have to teach our investigator. So I've been running lots during gym time, and apparently my foot didn't like it. It's been really bothering me (to the point that I bite back tears when I walk) but I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to be that baby missionary. I know I know, I should have said something sooner. Anyways, last Friday I think I finally had to stop running because I couldn't handle it anymore. I just kept walking everywhere, up the stairs, and I just didn't say too much about it. I prayed that if I needed to have it looked at that it wouldn't go away so that I would know. Well finally Wednesday morning, my companion Hermana Harris said Hermana let's go to the doctor. So we went, and the doctor said I think you might have a stress fracture but I'm not sure. So we got sent down the street to the BYU urgent care for a X-Ray. The next day the doctor looked at my X-Rays and said he didn't see anything, but that he wanted a second opinion. So this afternoon we left for the podiatrist and he said that it looks like I have a coicion/coalision (sp? I don't remember if this is right but it's when your bone/tendon comes in as bone later or something like that but doesn't do it right and it doesn't bother you until something triggers it. David or Brian would be able to tell you more what this is... I don't even remember if that's the right explanation or word. Sorry!). But he said it's in a spot where you're not hurting. So lucky for me, I need to look out for that in the future. :) BUT anyways, he said that he is pretty sure that I have a stress fracture. He said if I wasn't doing much running before and then started and pushed myself too much (which I did) then it can totally cause it. He said they usually don't show up on the X-Ray until about 2 weeks after they happen and even then they rarely show up on x-rays. So I have a grandma flipper boot thing on my foot, and he prescribed me a prescription to help with the healing and pain that I'll start in the morning. Basically, if there is any pain by next Friday, I can't leave on Monday. I'm sorry for all of this. I'm doing what I can to stay off of it as much as I can, but it's super hard. The boot makes it hurt more, but only because it's helping to immobilize it. If you could keep my foot (that sounds so silly) in your prayers over these next few days, I'd appreciate it. Don't worry too much, I'll be okay, just as much help as I can get would be nice!I've been praying like a mad woman, and I got a blessing today from the elders in my district and my teacher. Thank you for your continued love and support. I miss you all like crazy, and keep reading your scriptures. Basically, my motto right now is Alma 34:41 (I think that's right). I love my Savior AND my companions more and more every day. I have the best companions in el mundo!

Anyways, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger right?! :)

K I think that's it. I'll know more by Tuesday. Oh, and I got my travel plans which I'll expound more on on Tuesday, but I leave here at 4:00 on Monday morning and have a almost 6 hour layover in LA starting at around 8 that morning. I'll probably call then!

Love love love love,
Hermana Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment