Wednesday, April 10, 2013

4/10/13 Spring in DC - Elder Peterson


Dear People,

I want to start off by saying that I don't know how Hermana Peterson can write so much in her emails. Either she is breaking the rules or she is just amazing. Probably both.

Well, I have been having a great week. CONFERENCE WAS AMAZING!!! I was so grateful that I was able to watch it. I learned so much about myself and things that I can do to be a better missionary, and also things that will help me after the mission. Not that I am thinking about after the mission...:). I really enjoyed Pres. Uchtdorf's talk during the Priesthood session. It was very powerful and helped me to learn more about our Heavenly Father. I knew that he loved me, but my understanding of his love has increased greatly. I am also grateful for conference because both Walter and Charles were able to make it to one session each. They both enjoyed it.

Well, here are a few highlights for the week. The first one...NICHOLE GOT BAPTIZED!!!! It was
This is at Nichole's baptism.  Bro. Ewing baptized her.
 
such a wonderful day. Conference, then baptism, then conference. She was so prepared and now she is going to have the blessings from being a member of the church. I am so grateful that she made the decision to be baptized. Something that was great was that her parents and her sister came to support her for the baptism.

The second highlight is that Elder Gremillion got his bike back and now we can officially go out on both of our bikes and share the Gospel. It was really weird going out on bikes because we haven't done it in a while.

Third, we don't have to wear our suit coats anymore. I shouldn't be happy about it but I am. It is really crazy though because it has been pretty chilly the past couple of weeks. But we got a call out that we could take the suits off and on Monday? IT was super hot. I was sweating like crazy! It was definitely perfect timing. Today the high was 90 degrees and yeah 90 degrees is hot, but it is also humid here.

Well, that is basically what has been going on over here in D.C. Our investigators Walter and Charles are doing wonderful. They are both excited to keep meeting with us. Walter's baptism date might need to be moved because he is needing to take it slow so he can understand. Also, Charles accepted our baptismal invitation and he is going to be baptized on April 28. It is really exciting.

Alright just a couple of things for home. Is is possible that you could send me a couple more short sleeve shirts? And possibly one of those tie hanger thingies? I wasn't anticipating the warm weather so fast and I know that I will need a couple more to make it through the summer.

Well, I am going to be sending a ton of pictures and so I need to end. I love you all so much and I miss you all! I hope that everything is going great in AZ!!

Love,
Elder Peterson

 
Sunrise at the Washington Monument
Me, Elder Johnson, Elder Gremillion and Elder McDonald
Cherry Blossoms
Cherry Blossoms and the Washington Monument




 

No comments:

Post a Comment