Wednesday, April 17, 2013

4/17/13 Elder Peterson


Alright, today has been super busy and so my email probably won't be as long as usual but it might be so bear with me. I am trying really hard to write a lot today because I would feel like a failure if I didn't. Anyways this past week has been pretty normal. There wasn't much excitement besides the fact that Nichole received the gift of the Holy Ghost! She is making so much progress now. And she even came to our weekly F.H.E on Tuesday. It was really fun we were in charge of the game and our roommates were in charge of the lesson. It was on Missionary Work and how the members of the ward could help spread the gospel. It was a really fun and spiritual night. Also, we are making some wonderful progress with Walter. We have been able to teach him up to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The thing with Walter is that he is a little slow with understanding. The plan was that he was going to be baptized on the 21st but we are moving it back to May 5th. He wants to be baptized on that day and also we feel like it will be good to wait a bit. But, he is extremely willing to change his life so that he can have great friends and be closer to God. We are very impressed with him.

So Charles our investigator's cell phone is turned off and we can't get a hold of him. We stopped by his home and he wasn't there but we are trying. We just need to get a hold of him so we can keep teaching him!

Alright so I didn't have time today to write any letters I am REALLY REALLY SORRY!!!!! But I want to answer some of the quick questions people might have especially Mom's questions. I got the package with the shirts today and I am very thankful for it. I forgot how expensive they are and so I appreciate it. I don't think that I will be asking for anything more for the rest of my mission because I feel so bad. I feel because I am serving in the U.S. I am spoiled with the letters and the packages because I know that Hermana Peterson isn't going to get as much as me. Anyways enough of my rambling I am just SO grateful that you sent me the package. Alright now I am going to answer some questions. 

1. I get to go to the temple once every transfer. We went today because next week we are going to the Nationals game!! It was great this morning, I was in the session with Pres. and Sister Matsumori and they sat right in front of me. They are so awesome. I am really going to miss them because they go home this next transfer!

2. The weather is nice up here but it is getting pretty hot but it is great.

3. My investigators are doing awesome! This week our goal is to pick up a few more and we are determined to achieve it.

4. I can't remember anymore of the questions I was asked.

Lastly I want to share a very spiritual experience I had. This week I was reading in 3 Nephi chapter 15. Jesus is explaining to the multitude that He needs to leave to do His Father's business. When He cast His eyes on the multitude they were "weeping" as if they were asking Him if He could stay. This is where I felt the spirit very strong. Jesus says "My bowels are filled with compassion towards you." My love and my understanding of my Savior was strengthened because of this passage. Jesus had things that He needed to do but because He loves us so much He was willing to stay. And guess what's the first thing He does when He stays..." Is there any sick among you? Bring them hither"
He HEALS THEM!!

I love my Savior. And I love you all and miss you. I am growing spiritually so much and I am so happy for the chance that I have to be a missionary for the one and only true church here on the earth.
 
Love,
Elder Peterson 
   
Beautiful Washington DC Temple in the spring!

 

 
Elder Gremillion and Elder Peterson (I love the tulips!)

No comments:

Post a Comment