Tuesday, April 2, 2013

4/2/13 Last P-day at MTC...we hope!!


So, I've been staying off my foot as much as I can, and it's getting better, but not at the same time. I've been trying to be careful, but as of today it's still really sore. Just walking up here to email actually, it spazzed (sp?) a little and it's pretty achy. We'll have to see what happens... If I don't end up leaving on Monday, I'll make sure that I'm allowed to email you to get you more information. But, I am going to have mucha fe, and put my trust in the Lord!! :) I know what I'm supposed to be doing, and if for some reason I'm supposed to stay here a few extra days, as much as it'll stink, I just have to trust that my Savior knows what's best for me. But, I'm gonna leave on Monday!!

Mom thanks for your email AND the Easter package (and the boys for the letters)! My companions loved it and I did too! You are the best mom in the whole world! :) Seriously, snap bracelets? Best.idea.ever! We took pictures, so they'll be coming as soon as I can send them!

So this last week in a nutshell...

Tuesday night we sang in the choir for I don't remember who (everything here blurs together, hard core) but we sang a rendition of Joseph Smith's First Prayer. It was the best version I've ever heard. It's by Beebe and it's an SATB with a men quartet, but we just sang it full choir. It was SO powerful and the Spirit was definitely present, bearing valiant testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith. Every time I sing that song, or even hear a smidge about his life, my testimony of him just grows! Because we were in the choir on Tuesday night, we were able to sing in the choir on Sunday for our special Easter program. We sang a new rendition of the Lord is My Shepherd by Fen Frehner. It was the prettiest version I've ever heard and it was in my favorite key :) And NO, an apostle did not come, but that is not important. That Sacrament meeting was one of, if not the most powerful experience in my life. We had el CCM wide Sacrament meeting. In the gym where I was at, there were 5 tables of the Sacrament set up. We sang Hymn #193 (#118 in Spanish), I Stand All Amazed as the Sacrament was being prepared and I can't even describe to you the Spirit that was there. Last Sunday in Choir practice, Brother Eget (sp?) the choir director who is an institute teacher too, made a comment about how the Sacrament is a literal commemoration of the Atonement. When the bread and water are covered on the table, it is literally a symbol of Christ in the tomb. He then said that once the Sacrament is passed and when the Aaronic Priesthood folds up the cloths, that it is a representation of Christ ascending back to Heaven and part of him has joined us. I'd never thought of it that way, and so when I was watching this miracle of over 3,000 people receive the Sacrament at once on Sunday, I was able to look at it through this new view, and it was really powerful. Seth, and all of the rest of the Aaronic Priesthood holders out there. You are LITERALLY helping bring Christ unto others each week as you pass the Sacrament. REMEMBER THAT, and ALWAYS remain worthy of the priesthood. You never know when the Lord will call upon you to exercise it. I am so grateful for the Priesthood that I was able to have access to growing up, and am grateful that I still have elders around me who can help me if needed. Thank you Dad for always being worthy of the Priesthood. It means the world to me. Thank you for being a worthy representative of Jesus Christ. Thanks to all other priesthood holders in my life for being worthy too. Uncles, Jake, Grandpas, members in our wards and stakes, friends, etc. THANK YOU.

This last week I've read a few talks that I would ask you to read if you never have. And if you have, read them again.
1. Watch Over and Strengthen - President Eyring. This talk brought me tons of comfort this last week!
2. Candle of the Lord - President Packer. HOLY COW. What a powerful talk! I wish I had it with me so that I could share my favorite parts with you, but read it. Study it!

On Sunday night, Sheri Dew came and talked to us. I'm sorry that everything is such a blur for me here, but I don't have my notes with me, but it was so good! We snuck around the back after and got to hug her. She said "Pretend this hug is from your mom." So I did, and squoze her pretty tight :) She basically talked about being constantly worthy of the Spirit and she talked about how our Savior is not our last chance but our ONLY chance!

I'm glad the Jones liked the Easter Pageant! Have you been able to take anyone to the Joseph Smith movie yet? Let me know when you do! I'm counting on you all to be missionaries at home!

So 2 weeks ago I tried out for a musical number, and was chosen to play at the departure devotional (for all the departing missionaries) on Sunday night. It went really well, and I'm super excited and super blessed that I'll be able to play in Chile! Jake, did you ever do a musical number while you were here? When I was trying out, I wished you were here with me so we could have done one together. I miss that a lot!

K, so Michelle! Your sister is going to Minnesota?!?! I have 2 friends in that mission. Tell her their names are Elder Mattison and Elder Sharp! I'm sure she's going to love it! Tell her congrats, and to get a head start on PMG and the scriptures!! :)

Mom, our investigators that we have here are NOT real. They are our two teachers, and we are teaching them as investigators that they actually taught on their missions. We taught our final lesson to Ruby yesterday, and will teach David for the final time tomorrow? It's been a cool experience, to see and feel the Spirit work through me. I can't wait to teach REAL investigators in a few short days!

K, so obviously you know it, but here is my email address.  peterson.hannah@myldsmail.net I can receive emails from everyone now (I think) so if that would be easier for some people (even though legitimate mail is the greatest thing ever) I'm 99% sure I can get mail from everyone. Here is my address in Chile, just in case you lost it. The only thing is that the "O" in Concepcion (both times) needs an accent, I just don't know how to do that on here ha ha.

Chile Concepcion Mission
O'Higgins 940, Oficina 502
Casilla 2210
Concepcion
Chile

So we're not going to talk about it, but I've gained a few pounds here in the CCM. I've come to the conclusion why too.

1. We have set times to eat, so regardless if I'm hungry or not, I have to eat.
2. I was raised in a home where wasting food was not appropriate. They give us good sized portions and I feel bad wasting food, so I feel obligated to eat it all.
3. This is a problem.

Dad laugh all you want, but I haven't gained the new missionary 40 like you said I would. CLOSE, but not at all ha ha I do work out everyday, and I even lifted some weights today. I know I know. You can pick your jaw up off the floor now. Es verdad!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, who's excited for Conferencia General this fin de semana!?!?!?! ME ME ME ME ME! I'm super excited that I get to watch it here. Saturday night during the Priesthood session, they are showing us the Young Women's Broadcast from last weekend. If you don't already have questions you would like answered for conference, pray about it and come up with some. I promise that if you go in with an open mind and heart with sincere questions, THEY WILL BE ANSWERED! Familia, eat much french toast sticks for me. They have them once a week here (oh and Caleb, they had Mac and Cheese for lunch. It wasn't that good, though). Anyways, I always get them and am sad I won't get to eat them with you on Sunday morning! But I expect favorite talks, quotes, etc from all of you and you better believe I'll quiz you!!

How was Easter?!? It was super awesome here. Easter in Spanish is Pascua. Just so you know. It was el dia de Pascua :)

Dad, I don't know if this is possible, but if there is a way that you could get my mission call shrunk and laminated like you did my Patriarchal Blessing, I'd love it! Our Branch Presidents wife counseled us to read our Patriarchal Blessing frequently and our mission call too. I didn't bring mine with me because I didn't want it ruined, but I'd really like that. Sorry, I feel like I'm so needy all the time! Truly, I feel bad!

Also, if you have any good synonyms for the word incredible up your sleeve, let me have em. Literally, the word increible in Spanish means "not credible". It's one of my most powerful words, but I don't want to say that Jesus Christ is not credible!!!

Okay 2 more things (I think) then I've got to go. If letters won't get here by Saturday, send them to Chile, or they will be lost in time. And, they don't print out Dear Elders on Saturday or Sunday, so if you want to get a dear elder here, do so by Friday at NOON! Otherwise, send em to CHILE! :)

So if all goes as planned, I leave here at 4 AM on Monday morning. Our flight takes off at 7:05AM from Salt Lake and lands in LA at 7:55AM. We have an almost 6 hour layover, so I'll get to talk for a while! :) :) :) :) So I'll collect my luggage, and I'll be calling probably 8:30 or 9:00ish. I bought a calling card today. Should I call the house phone? I'll do a call first with quarters to make sure it gets through, and then I'll hang up, and call back using the calling card! My plane takes off I'm not quite sure when (12 ish), but then we have like a 17 hour flight to Santiago and then we switch planes for Concepcion, landing at 10:00 Tuesday morning! I'm freaking out!!!

I appreciate the prayers for me, and right now, for my foot too. We'll see how it continues to feel. I've been taking this prescription and icing it, and now I'm exercising great amounts of faith now! Thank you for your love and support! I love and miss you all! Thanks to Eric and Michelle for your cute letters this last week. Eric, your Spanish needs a little touching up :) And I can't believe you have a bajillion fish in that tank ha ha. The MTC is great, but I can't wait to be in Chile!

I'll talk to you Monday! Hasta luego!

Con amor,
Hermana Peterson

 p.s. Lo siento por any spelling errors. Spanish is seriously getting to my brain ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment