Wednesday, April 24, 2013

4/24/13 Elder Peterson


Well, Dear Familia,

This past week has been crazy!!!! It seriously has been. We have been blessed in so many ways. I don't even know where to start but I am going to just write.

To start off I want to tell a story. The West Elders in our district Elder Giles and Elder Boddha received a call from the Mission office that there was a man who was at our chapel who wanted to talk to the missionaries. They were able to hurry down there and they taught him the first lesson. This man's name was Samuel and he is from Nigeria. Back in Nigeria he knew a lot about the church and the Stake President in his area was one of his friends. He had been attending church for a few years but is not a member. He was also a very big journalist over there. Because of some comments in one of his articles in the newspaper, he made some really bad enemies. These people found him and put a bag on his head and tied him up and basically told him that they were going to cut his head off. They stuck him in the trunk of their car and drove off. But, by the grace of God, Samuel was able to escape from the car because the car hit a bump and the trunk opened and he fled. He came over here to America with basically nothing and has been living here for 7 months trying to find the Mormon Church. The West Elders taught him the 1st lesson and he told them that he already knew everything that the talked about. So they asked him why he hasn't been baptized yet and he said that nobody had invited him to. So they invited him to be baptized and he said yes!! He is going to be baptized this Sunday April 28th!!

It turns out that Samuel lives in our area and we were able to take him up to the VC for a tour and to teach him the plan of salvation. He is a VERY intelligent man and we are excited for his joining the church. He said that he is planning on staying here for the rest of his life basically. We are so excited for him!!! He is going to be a great leader in the church and help bring many souls unto Christ.

So that is basically how our week has been so far. Samuel, Walter, and Charles all came to church on Sunday and all had a great time. The members are doing a great job in helping them feel loved and appreciated in the church. Also, Samuel was able to come with us Sunday Night to the "Why I Believe" Fireside. He really enjoyed it and so did we. Elder and Sister Cardall spoke at the fireside and they did a wonderful job. (They are Paul Cardall's parents by the way). They are super sweet.

Alright  that was all of the really spiritual stuff that happened. Mom, something that you will appreciate and will make you say "I told you so".

I have had to play the piano more times than I can count. I have to play it at district meetings, zone meetings, F.H.E. on Tuesday nights, and ward coordination mtgs. on Saturdays. Mom, I hate to say it, but you were right. I should've played the piano more at home. You are very wise and I am not. But, my 5 hymns that I know how to play has grown to 6!! I know how to play "Hark, All Ye Nations" now. I am trying to find time to practice the piano so the people in my district will not be so annoyed with Sweet Hour of Prayer.

Well, I am really excited for today. It is an All Day P-Day!! We are going to the Nationals game today. I will be taking plenty of pictures and I was able to buy a really sweet Nationals hat. (Seth don't be too jealous, I will be taking a picture of it just for you:) The pictures won't be in til next week which is transfer week. Elder Gremillion was basically told straight up that he is going to be leaving. It is going to be really weird not having him as my companion. He has been really great and has taught me a lot. I am going to miss him dearly. But, the Lord has something new in store for me. And just to let you know I will be staying put for at least another transfer. Walter and Charles are going to be baptized on the 5th of May just to let you know as well.

Just to let you know as well, Bro. Armstrong is going to be taking us out to dinner tonight. I am hoping that I will have time to write letters but the game is going to take up a lot of the time today. I am going to try but I don't know how the day is going to unfold. I love you all!! I can't wait to talk with my family on Mothers day which is coming up pretty quick!!

Once again I Love you all so much!!! and I miss you just as much which is basically a lot. Can't wait to write you next week and send some awesome pictures!

Love,
Elder Peterson


Elder Peterson, Farley and Johnson at the National's Game...
Thanks, Sister Farley!!

And this photo was taken off the Washington DC Mission blog...
Elder Johnson and Elder Peterson at the Washington DC Temple...
Thanks Sis. Matsumori!!

No comments:

Post a Comment