Wednesday, May 1, 2013

5-1-13 Elder Peterson Transfers Week!!


Dear Familia,

How is it going? Everything is going great out here I thought that I would let you know.

Well, this past week has been really great. Samuel Iwuji was baptized on Sunday and it was a great service. I was given the chance to give a talk at his baptism on Baptism and the Holy Ghost. It is really great for me to know that we were able to help Samuel come unto the fold. He is going to be a great leader in the ward someday.

Also, this week is transfers week. I now have a new companion! His name is Elder Radford and he is from Springville Utah. He is also the new district leader for our district. It is going to be a great time! Let me tell you. He is a lot different than Elder Gremillion but it isn't a bad different by any means. He is a great guy and we are going to have a great time. We haven't taken a picture together yet but we will before next week so I can send a picture.

It is really weird not having Elder Gremillion as my companion anymore. I now have to take over the area and it helped me to realize how much Elder Gremillion actually did. We knew it was coming though that he was going to be transferred. He has served diligently in our area for 7 and a half months. It was time to go. I am going to miss him. Because he was leaving we spent most of Tuesday packing and it took him a pretty long time but it was great. It is crazy how much stuff he had. And he didn't really have that much stuff compared to some missionaries. A lot of the stuff that he had to bring was food! Which was kind of funny.

Well, I am really excited for this next Sunday because Walter is going to be baptized!! I am so excited for him. It has been great to see the change that the Gospel is making in his life already. He is happy! Every time we go to see him he is happier and happier. The change is definitely noticeable and it is awesome!

Yesterday we were able to spend some time playing basketball with some of the teenagers in our neighborhood. We went up to the church and it was a wonderful time. I am really sore today! But it is all good.

Well, there really hasn't been anything to exciting. We have been really busy the past few days getting ready for transfers and so we haven't had much time to go out and get things done. But things will pick up for sure. I am sorry that this email is jumbled but there hasn't been really too much excitement except transfers.

Well I am REALLY EXCITED FOR MOTHER'S DAY!!! I can't wait to talk to my Mommy. And everyone else of course:) It is going to be weird to talk to you and actually hear your voices. It is great to hear that everything is going well at home still. And I am really sorry but I didn't have time this week to write letters again. It is so hard to find time!!! I feel like such a slacker but it is really hard. That is why I like the time that I have to email.

Well, I am going to send a few pictures from last week and this week. I love you all so much and I miss you!
 
Elder Peterson

Me, Elder Johnson and Elder Farley at Nationals Game
Waiting for the Metro to get to the game
Elders Bodda, Giles, Johnson, McDonald and Bro. Armstrong (JS)
 
Elder Gremillion (my old companion now) and Me


Our view at the game


No comments:

Post a Comment