Thursday, May 30, 2013

5-29-13 Elder Peterson


Dear family,

This is Elder Peterson. This week was pretty good. It could've been better but it was good. So I believe that Caleb had a wonderful birthday right? I can't believe that he is already 7! It seems like yesterday that he was wearing diapers. But I sure hope that he had a wonderful birthday!

Also, school is out!!!! Hallelujah! I can't believe that Rebekah is going to be a Junior, Leah a Freshmen, Seth in 7th, and Caleb in 2nd! That is really crazy!! And it is only just a couple months til they will be in school again! Enjoy the summer while it lasts. I hope that Bekah's job is treating her nicely. And I hope that everyone is enjoying their break! Do you have any trips planned for the summer?

Well, I am going to tell you all about our week. First off, some bad news...Charles isn't going to be baptized...it is really sad but he isn't. He is a great guy and all it just isn't the right time.

But lets move on to some great news!! I think that I told you about our investigator Joelyn right? Well we had an apt. with her this Sunday but she called and canceled. On Monday we dropped by and she said that we could meet with her. We had a great lesson and she really learned a lot about the Priesthood and the Apostasy. We committed her to be baptized on June 30 and she said yes!! She is really cool and we are excited to meet with her again.

Also, we are making a lot of progress with a less active named Bro. Norman. He went less-active about 5 years ago and hasn't been to church since. We have been meeting with him pretty much every week for the past couple months. He is opening up more and is willing to let us be honest with him. It is a work in progress for sure but we are hoping to see him at church this Sunday.

Lastly, last night we had F.H.E at the church and we had the lesson. To prepare for the lesson we took and hour to come and go onto mormon.org and watch some of the Mormon messages. I would encourage you all to watch the 3 part "Patterns of Light" by Elder Bednar. It is amazing and really strengthened my testimony. Also, one of our investigators Sophie came to F.H.E!!! She had a great time and we hope that it sparked her interest into coming to church on Sunday and meeting with us more.

Well, I love you all so much and I miss you all so much.
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment