Wednesday, May 15, 2013

5/15/13 Elder Peterson - Truly Blessed!


Hola, me nombre es Elder Peterson. Yo soy missionero con la iglesia de jesu cristo de los santos de los ultimos dias. Like my espanol eh? I am picking up a few things here and there.

Well, everything is going great out here. I can honestly say that this past week was one of the most exhausting and most miracle filled weeks in my entire mission. I have worked harder in the past week than I have in my whole life!! Just kidding, but I am working really hard. Elder Radford is putting me to the test!! I am so grateful that he is my companion because he is helping me to become what I want to be.
 
Well, to start off, our days have been packed with appointments!! We have been visiting a lot of potentials and a lot of the less actives in our ward. And we have picked up a few investigators too. We have gone from 2 investigators to 7!! It is really a blessing. It is great to see that the promises of our Heavenly Father are fulfilled when we have the faith and the desire to work hard.

It was really great to be able to talk to my family on Mother's Day!! I didn't realize how much I missed all of their voices. And it was great to be able to talk with Hermana Peterson as well. Sounds like everyone is enjoying their time without us:)
 
Anyways, a couple of highlights for the week. We had an appointment with a less active who's name is Marquita Jones. She is wanting her son Charles who is 8 to be baptized and so we are going over  there and teaching him the basics so he can have a knowledge of what he is doing. Charles has only been to church a couple of times in his life and Marquita hasn't been in a while. They committed to come to church and they did!! It was great to see them both there! Also, on Monday I was able to go on exchanges with Elder McDonald. After district meeting, we had a district blitz which is where everyone in the district goes and proselytes in one area. It was a great time and we picked up a lot of potentials for our district. Elder McDonald is a really cool guy honestly. He is really hard working and I learned a lot from him.

Well, That is about it for this week. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to be a missionary and serve for two years!! Can't wait to write next week!!

Love,
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment