Wednesday, June 19, 2013

6/19/13 Leaving DC


Alright so this past week has been a real change in pace. So first off I am in a car and instead of biking everywhere I get to drive in a car everywhere. I will probably gain a few pounds but hopefully not we are trying to stay active in the morning. Also, it is really hard to find people to teach out here. But we are working hard and I KNOW that we are going to have success. Especially because we have an awesome Ward! I am in the Montgomery Village Ward and the people here are amazing. They definitely have the missionary mindset and are always willing to help us out when they can. It is going to be an awesome transfer. 

SO as of right now we only have two solid investigators - Alma who is a 17 year old girl and Jakob (he needs to learn how to spell :)) who is 15. Alma is really wanting to get baptized but her father won't sign the papers and so she needs to wait until she is 18 to get baptized. Jakob is progressing slowly but we are working with him. We have recently found a couple people who are promising and we a praying that they will be ready to accept the Gospel in their lives. 

One other thing that is awesome (or going to be the end of me) is that we get fed 3-4 times a week. It is a big change from the city and I am somewhat excited but it is going to make me fat. At least I won't be starving!

Alright to get into a few details. This last Saturday we had a Ward Picnic at the park and it was really great. We had a few less actives come who we invited and it was a grand ole' time. The ward is really good at fellow shipping and when we get our investigators to church I know that we are not going to have any problems with friends for them. 

This past Sunday was great as well. Church was really productive and spiritual. We were able to take that spirit we felt and teach a couple of less actives in the ward. In this ward we are going to be doing a lot of less-active work because it is so hard to find people out here. I am really excited to help out the ward in any way that I can. 

Well, that is about it for this week. Everything is going great and I hope that it just keeps getting better! I hope that you know that I love you all and I pray for you every night. Everyone just keep doing what is right and I know that you will be alright. 

I love you,
Elder Peterson

At the 5k run spoken of in last week's letter
(Wow, it is sooooo green!!)

Abraham and Caesar, our 2 investigators who came to the 5k
 
Caesar made a feast for Elder Radford's Birthday
    
 
Steak and Shrimp
 
Saying goodbye to the people I have grown to love in DC...
Bro. Christensen

Elder Radford, Nichole Jones

Bro. JS Armstrong
 
My new and awesome companion Elder Moss
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment