Wednesday, June 26, 2013

6/26/13 Elder Peterson


Dear Family!
Well, things are definitely going to be changing in the missionary field soon. Wasn't that fireside great? It was so great to hear about how much the work is progressing! And it is going to be really cool that we are going to be able to use the Internet more! It is going to be really helpful for sure.

Alright well enough of that how is everyone doing? What is the weather like down in the AZ? It is getting really humid outside but I am getting used to it. I am loving my new area! And i am loving being in a car :) How is swim team going? Have you gotten the new couches yet?? send pictures please if you can. I was actually thinking about home this morning and wondering if you were going to get new couches and well, you are!
So we had a wonderful miracle this week. We have really been focusing on the Less Actives in the ward. Just like Hermana Peterson, Elder Moss and I know that Less Active work in the ward is just as important as bringing someone into the church. So, we went and visited a lady in our ward Sherri Watts. When we got there she was there and so was her brother who just recently moved in to help take care of their other brother who has mental disabilities. We visited with them for a good while and we asked the brother who's name is Lawrence if he would like for us to start teaching him. He said yes! We went by this Monday and taught him the Restoration and invited him to read the Book of Mormon. He told us that he already believes that it is the word of God. So we invited him to be baptized and he said yes!!!! It is super exciting! He is going to be baptized on July 28th. Elder Moss and I are so grateful for this wonderful miracle.

Also, I was able to talk to Elder Radford at the broadcast on Sunday and asked him about the work in DC 3rd South (my old area). Caesar and Joelyn and Abraham are all doing super great and are all still planning on getting baptized! I am hoping to be able to attend all of them if I can.
Things are going to be really crazy in a few days. Pres. and Sis. Matsumori are leaving in 4 days and Pres. and Sis. Cook are going to be joining us. It is going to be really different for sure. But I am really excited to be able to meet them. I am really going to miss the Matsumoris. They have been so good to me and all of the missionaries out here.

The work is marching on!! I am realizing that there is so much that I can do better and I am going to do it! A lot of things that have mattered to me are starting to not matter as much anymore. I am....growing up... It is terrible yet awesome at the same time. Well, I am so grateful to be a missionary! I am so grateful to be apart of the new wave of missionary work. The work is going to improve and I am going to be apart of it.
I love you all!
Elder Peterson 

No comments:

Post a Comment