Wednesday, July 17, 2013

7/17/13 Car Fast?? Elder Peterson


Well, hello everyone!
Well, this past week has been a little slow and fast at the same time. Transfers are coming up quick and it is so crazy how fast this transfer has gone. Only one more week! I am still trying to figure out where time goes. I haven't figured it out yet.

Well, we had wonderful miracles in the past few days. So the first one that I would like to talk about is that this past week Elder Moss and I have been focusing on former investigators. We have gone through the teaching records and pulled out a few that we want to focus on. Miracles have happened! We set up 3 appointments with 3 of our formers. One was this past Saturday and we were really stoked for it. But it got canceled. The miracle was that on Sunday our former who's name is Darius came to the Visitor's Center with us. We went to the Night of Music and Inspiration  and it turned out that it was in Spanish. We had no idea. But it was still great. Darius had a great time even though he didn't understand any of it. He is a cool kid.

Another miracle is that we haven't been able to get a hold of two of our investigators Jerry and Mike. But we finally got a hold of them and set up appointments with them. It was really great. We are SO excited.

The last miracle. Caesar (from my last area) is getting baptized and I am going to be able to attend! I am so grateful that we are going to have the chance to go to it.
So that is about all the miracles for this week. Now onto the crazy fun stuff.

So the past two days we have had a "mission-wide car fast". Which is basically we don't use our car. The only exception was District Meeting. So we didn't. We got to walk everywhere because my bike was out of commission. It was a great time to talk with people. It was very hot but we pushed through it. And it was a great experience. We had some great experiences talking with people and exploring the woods for shortcuts. Something that is so crazy out here in Maryland is that there are small patches of forest everywhere  and so mostly everyone has forest in their backyard. It is pretty cool.
Last thing. The ward I am in is so great. They are so missionary minded it is almost insane. The ward I serve in is very small. There are only about 100 people that are active. But all of them are willing to help in any way they can. It is a great help to the missionaries.

Well, that is about it. Everything is going great out here in the mission field. Thanks for all the prayers in my behalf. I can really feel them! And just know that you are in my prayers every night. I love you all! Stay cool!
Love,
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment