Wednesday, July 31, 2013

7/31/13 Elder Peterson - I am 19 years old now!

So first off, I have to say that being in a trio is crazy! There are a lot of things about it that make things difficult but those don't matter because we are going to work through them, but there are also some great advantages! First off, when we go and visit someone who doesn't have a male figure in the home we can still go in. Secondly, we can have more crazy conversations, and third, Elder Manning is awesome! He is really a great kid (probably shouldn't be calling him that cause he is older than me) and he works really hard. It is crazy that I am still the youngest in the apartment, but it is kind of cool to be able to say that I am 19 years old now. Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

 So, this past week has honestly been kind of a struggle, we have not been having much success, a lot of our appointments that we have set up have cancelled and it has been really frustrating. Also, we are still trying to get used to each other and it has been pretty difficult, but we are working through the quirks. But, something that I do know is that as we continue to work hard that we are going to see the results of our efforts. I am really excited about it. We are really making a push to work with the members and it seems to be working out pretty well so far. 
 
Just a couple of updates from the past few days. Bishop Abbott and his family had us over for dinner again and they invited their neighbor Terry to join us as well. We really enjoyed their company and it was a wonderful evening. That same day, we were walking on the road and there were some kids playing basketball at a park and we decided to go over there and join them. I was the only one who wanted to play and so I went up and asked if I could shoot a couple of hoops and they said yes. I ended up playing 3 on 3 with them and I was able to show of my skillz...just kidding I kind of didn't do very good but that is okay. We invited them to come to basketball the next day and they said that they would come! They didn't though but that's okay. We did still have basketball and a lot of people came including our new investigator Sam. We think that he had a great time, it seemed like it. But it is all good. He is coming to church on Sunday and we are really excited! He is really a great kid and we are really pumped to be able to teach him about the Gospel in sit down lessons. 
 
Well, this morning was pretty awesome. We had the opportunity to go and do Sunrise pictures at the mall. We had to get up at 4:30 though to get there on time for the sunrise. We made it in the nick of time. It takes about and hour to get from our apartment to the National mall. There were a lot of other missionaries there and we took some pictures and just hung out for a bit. After that we went to the grass of the Washington Memorial and played some football. It was really fun actually. I didn't do too bad myself. Scored a touchdown which was fun. After that we went to the Union Market in East DC and it was really cool! It was my first time down there. They had a lot of stuff for really cheap and so I was able to get a thing or two. We also went to this local Italian Sub place and let me tell you it made Krazy Sub's sandwiches look like crackers and cheese. It was really delicious. We really had a great time this morning and the day is still young! We came up and emailed right afterwards and so here I am.

Well, I have to apologize I did not bring my cord for my camera and so pictures are going to have to wait til next week. I wish I would've had it but it's all good. (Maybe some super Mom out there can invent a tie that has a cord in it, so they never forget the camera cord when it is Pday!!) Aaaarrrggghhh!!! I love him to the moon and back, so I forgive him this time...

How are things going in AZ? Is everyone excited for school to start again? Just a couple of more weeks everyone! Out here in Maryland  the schools don't start til the end of August. It was weird to see the differences in the times. They didn't get out of school til early June though so I guess it is the same.  
 
Well, I hope that everyone is staying out of trouble! And sharing the Gospel with everyone! I love you all and I miss you all, but the Lord's work is moving forward and I am blessed to be apart of it. And so are you.
 
Love, 
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment