Wednesday, July 3, 2013

7/3/13 Rain, rain, go away!! Elder Peterson


Hello,
So to start off I am writing today but p-day is actually tomorrow for the 4th!! It is going to be awesome. We were asked to email today because a lot of the libraries will be closed tomorrow. Just to let you all know...

This past week has been a crazy one as usual. Things have been really busy and wonderful. First things first, Pres. and Sis. Cooke came in and they are so awesome!! It was really great to see them and be able to meet them and their family. They are the first family in a while that still has children living with them at home. They have 3 kids with them. One is not here yet but they have a 15 yr. old boy and a 13 yr. old girl. It is going to be different but awesome.

Alright I am going to talk about a few miracles we have had. It is pretty awesome not going to lie. Well, we have picked up two new investigators this past weekend. One was a referral named Mike and he is super awesome. We had a wonderful lesson with him and he is really excited to continue to meet with us. He has a little girl and is practicing with the Jehovah's Witnesses and knows a lot about Christ. It is going to be a wonderful time getting to know him. Second the other investigator is Jerry. The way that we found him was by knocking on a less actives door. Turns out Jerry is his son and he knows absolutely nothing about the church. We were able to teach him on Monday and it was one of the most spiritual lessons I have ever had. He felt the spirit very strong and committed to read the Book of Mormon and Pray about it. We are so excited to teach Jerry and Mike.
How are things in the AZ? It was great to hear about the wonderful breaststroke meet that happened. great job Leah, Seth, and Caleb! I guess you learned well from me...ehhh...:) I can't believe that it got up to 119! And then dad wrote about it being 122!! THAT IS SO HOT!!!! But that's okay. I know that you guys will survive. It has been raining a lot up here the past few days but it has been great to be in a car. This morning since it wasn't P-day we went and helped a member family the Johnson's in our ward clean out their flowerbed. Alma our investigator and Wilmer and Maybelline Galicia (the family who Alma is staying with) came along as well. It was a great time but we got soaked from the rain! And I am writing you at the library now in my wet service clothes! It is all good though but everyone keeps staring at me for some reason...

Alright, we have had some wonderful dinner appointments this past week as well. The members of this ward are so great. I don't know how we would be able to survive without them.
I have a confession to make.....I haven't been very good at taking pictures this past week but I will be better. I am planning on sending home a package soon with a whole bunch of letters and other things I don't need and I am thinking about putting my memory card in it and buying another one. Then you can put the pictures on the computer and you can send it back to me. What do you think about that?

Anyways, things are still going great up here!! Elder Moss and I are working as hard as ever and it is really paying off. I am really excited to see how things are going to unfold in the next few weeks.

Well, I love you all and miss you so much!
Elder Peterson
P.S. it was great to see the pictures and all the fun from Grandma and Grandpa's 50 anniversary. Looked like a great time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment