Thursday, August 15, 2013

8/15/13 Better late than never...


Alright, so I don't have a lot of time today but this is Elder Peterson again. I only add it is me because I want Hermana Peterson to laugh...but whatever. I am emailing today, sorry something went crazy with the computers yesterday, so we got permission to email today. I hope that Rebekah had a wonderful birthday! I sent a card out today, yes I know that I am a slacker, but it is all good. Here are some of the highlights this past week.

So, on Thursday we were going and checking on some less actives in our ward and there was a guy walking on the sidewalk. We almost didn't talk to him but something nicked at me to talk to him. (I think that it was the Spirit or something). We did, and we asked if we could stop by and share a message about Christ with him and he said, "Yeah I live right over here let me show you." This guy's name is Dominique and he is from the Ivory Coast. Instead of setting up a time with him we went and met with him!! He is a really cool guy. We were able to teach him the first lesson and he accepted it well. We were able to answer a lot of his questions. He also accepted a conditional baptism date. It was truly a miracle! 

So Heather and Travis are doing fantastic but the woman from Jamaica is getting hard to contact. We are working on it for sure. We want her to have the gospel in her life! Also, we have been working with a former investigator Darius. He wasn't answering our phone calls and wouldn't talk to us at all and we were a little worried. But we were finally able to meet with him and he told us why he didn't want to talk with us. SO... long story short... he had an LDS girlfriend who broke up with him to go on a mission and she broke up with him on his birthday and so he didn't want to talk to any Mormons at all. Funny eh? I almost laughed out loud when he told us but I decided it wouldn't be a great idea. So, everything is good now for him and he accepted a baptism date for Sept. 1st!! We are so excited! It is going to be awesome.

Jessica is in Omaha, yes. That will be pretty crazy both of them there. (He has a friend Sister Jessica Fuller who is serving in Nebraska, and another good friend Eric Staples, who was just called there...)

Oh, Trinity!! I am sorry to hear that.  I will be praying for her every day. (There is an 11 year old girl in our ward that was just diagnosed with osteosarcoma, a type of bone cancer).

I can't wait to go to the Temple! We get to go once a transfer. The new video is going to be sweet!

Well, that is really all I have time to write about this week. I am sorry but I love you all and I hope that everything is going great. The church is true! I love it here so much. It is great to hear that so many people are making the right choices.

Love,
Elder Peterson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment