Wednesday, August 21, 2013

8/21/13 Elder Peterson - Things are amazing in Maryland!


Dear Everyone,
 
This is Elder Peterson wanting to tell you that I really don't have much time at all but  I am going to type lighting fast! Thank you Mom for the music and the Cd's. I love you so much.
 
So, this is this past week in a nutshell. 

It has been amazing! Truly amazing!! We have been working super hard and it has really paid off. So Dominique our investigator is really doing great. We met with him yesterday and he has been reading the Book of Mormon and had a lot of questions to ask us. So, we were able to meet with him and answer all of his questions. The spirit was very strong and he was really feeling it. So, we were able to give him a baptism date!!! And he accepted!! He is going to be baptized on Sept. 22nd! We are so excited!!!!!!! Lots of exclamation points!!! 
 
Also, I don't know if I have ever mentioned Sam our investigator. He is the friend of Josh a 19 yr. old in our ward. Sam has been coming to basketball for a few weeks and has been to church a couple of times. We had the opportunity to meet with him for the 1st time yesterday before basketball and taught him the first lesson. At the end, Elder Manning committed him to be baptized!! And he said yes!! Once he comes to know that what we are teaching is true. He is really going to try and I know that the Lord will answer his prayers. He is scheduled for Sept. 8th!! Things are truly amazing out here in Maryland.
 
I just want to close with my testimony. This past week I have really felt the spirit very strongly. I know that what I am doing is God's work. I know that what we are sharing as missionaries is true. I love what I am doing and I am so grateful to see the fruits of my labors. I love this gospel!! And I love you all and I miss you all.
 
Love,
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment