Wednesday, August 28, 2013

8/28/13 Elder Peterson...Crazy stuff has happened!!

Hey,
 
This is Elder Peterson, reporting live from another week in Maryland! Some crazy stuff has happened this past week. So, Darius is still on to be baptized this weekend! He is so awesome. We are really excited for him. We have to meet with him a few times this week to make sure he know everything he needs to know ( we are procrastinators:) it's all good though. He's going to make it. Everything is falling into place nicely. We are going to be meeting with him tonight and talk more about his baptism and stuff. Keep him in your prayers please! He really needs the church in his life. 
 
So, this past week we had our Zone Conference where a couple of Zones get together and have the Assistants and President give us a few workshops to help us become better missionaries. It was really awesome. I really learned a lot about being on top of things not only outside but inside the apartment. To tell you the truth it is really hard to focus sometimes while we are at home. It is really hard to keep myself busy and I find myself sometimes just sitting and wasting time. But, I am getting better and I am really wanting to work harder and smarter. 
 
So, we got to go to the temple this morning. It was awesome to go to the temple and to feel the spirit that always resides there. It is always a blessing to go on the temple grounds and inside it too! I love going to the temple to see all of my friends too. 
 
So, Sam is going to have to push back his baptism. We haven't been able to meet with him for a week and he is now having to work on Sunday's due to some scheduling conflicts at his work. Please pray for him! We are going to continue to meet with him and teach him so it is going to be a work in progress. Dominique is doing awesome though!! He is a super cool guy. He is really understanding and accepting to the lessons, he really likes them. A lot of the things that he believes are things that we believe. Convenient right? 
 
Also, I don't know if I have ever mentioned Mohsen and Zahra. They are a couple from Iran and they are super awesome. For the past few weeks we have been working with them and they haven't been cleared for baptism because of their circumstances but this past week they were basically cleared for baptism! Well, Zahra was, Mohsen is going to have to wait for a little while but he will be baptized! We can't wait to see them be baptized! 

Well, that is about it for this week. Things are just going and I am having a great time. Transfers are next week! We will see what happens. Will I stay or will I go? I guess you will have to wait until next week...

Well, I love you all!
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment