Wednesday, September 4, 2013

9/4/13 Elder Peterson Off to a New Start!

Well, I am writing to tell you that I have been transferred from Montgomery Village. I was very sad to leave but excited to have a new experience in a new area! Before I give you any more information, I want to talk a little bit about this past week.

So, I want to start off by letting you know that Darius Walker was baptized on Sept. 1st 2013. The baptism went great. We were so excited for him! He was a former investigator from a year ago and we were able to meet with him again. This time, he was ready to commit and change his life around. We were able to visit him last night before I left and he looks so much happier! It is amazing the change in countenance that the Gospel can bring. He looks great, and he feels different. I know that the message we share has the power to change lives. I know it!! Sam and Dominique are also both still doing great! I am hoping that my old companions will continue to teach them well. 
Darius's Baptism

That was our big miracle this past week. It took a lot out of us. I was really tired the next day. Speaking of tired. This past Saturday we had the opportunity to help move two people. I am pretty sure that I have never had to lift so much stuff in one day. I almost couldn't get out of bed on Sunday. But it was well worth it. There is a new couple moving into the Montgomery Village Ward that is really going to be a great benefit to the area. I wish I could have been there to see what happens. But oh well.
 
So, I have been transferred to the Bowie Area. It is at the eastern most part of the mission. It is pretty cool so far. I have been in it for about 2 hours now. My companion's name is Elder Galuvao. He is from California and he has only 2 transfers left. He is pretty seasoned. He is cool. I think we are going to have a great time together. The apartment we are in is as fit as a fiddle and as clean as  Clorox bleach. (Just kidding). It could use a little work and use a big cleaning, though. I am glad to have a mother who has taught me how to clean :)
 
Well, that is about it from me today. I am excited to have a new start in a new place. We are going to rock people's worlds the next 6 weeks.

I love you all and I hope that you are staying out of trouble!
Elder Peterson

A sister in our ward that we have been able to perform many acts of service for recently. She is amazing!

Me, Elder Manning and Elder Moss at the temple

Our District - Elder Sterr, Me, Elders Shoemig, Manning, Sheit, Brimhall, Moss and Queen
 
 
Our District and all our ties!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment