Wednesday, October 2, 2013

10/2/13 Elder Peterson - Pday will be changing!!

Well, hello, it is Elder Peterson reporting on another week in Maryland. The weather is starting to cool down!! It is really great. I am really starting to be thankful for the Arizona weather though. I miss the dry heat!
 
Well, this past week was pretty good. We did a lot of service again! But it was well worth it. I am really starting to get to know the ward really well. They are super awesome.
 
A lot of miracles have happened this past week. So we have been working with the members of the ward a lot and have been inviting them to invite people to watch general conference. People are! We can't wait to see the results of the invitations. It is going to be really great. One miracle that we have seen this past week is we are starting to find people to teach! Hooray! All of the missionaries in our mission have received the "unendowed" list for our wards and we are supposed to get all the information we can of the people on the lists and keep it for a resource. It is really starting to pay off! Last night we went by a member of the ward we didn't know and turns out she is really active in the ward and her husband is not a member. They are super awesome! The husband's name is Roger and he actually has been coming to church with her for a while. He is really great. They are super involved with the church the both of them. We are hoping to start teaching them soon!
 
Another miracle we have seen is we have been working with the less actives more and more and they are starting to warm up into coming to church. I will let you know when they do come to church! I am just loving my area!
 
This past Friday we had our interviews with Pres. Cooke. It was great. He told us of a few changes that are going to be happening in the mission. First one, our P-day is going to be moved to Monday this next transfer. So expect an email on Monday from now on! I am kind of excited for that change. Also, another change is that we are going to be able to go to the Temple as often as we want! When miles permit and time permits. Pres. Cooke wants us to be able to feel the Spirit of the temple as often as we can. I love it so much! I love the temple!
 
Well, I have really felt all of your prayers in my behalf. I really appreciate everything that you all are doing for me while I am gone for this short while. I have really learned a lot and my testimony is as strong as ever. I know that this is Christ's Church here on the earth and I know that we have a living prophet today and we all have the opportunity to listen to him this weekend. Everyone watch! Conference is going to be great!

Well, that's all folks. I love you all!

Elder Peterson
The potato farm early in the morning

I touched a llama!

Pumbaa was at the farm!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment