Wednesday, October 9, 2013

10/9/13 Elder Peterson - Social Media to share the Gospel!!

Well, who is a changed person from conference huh!? I know that I am. Conference was so amazing I hope that everyone had the chance to watch it. I think that my favorite talk was Pres. Uchtdorf's Sunday Morning Session. I really learned a lot from it.

Well, this past week has really been amazing! And I get to tell you all about it.

So, we are finally picking up on our new investigators! These past couple days we have really been blessed with people who are ready to accept the gospel in their lives. So, first miracle. We have a potential investigator named Jen and we went by this past Sunday to see if she was there but she wasn't. Her husband was though and he invited us in! His name is Randy and he is super cool. We were able to teach him a little bit and he wants to learn more! He has a lot of questions and we are going by this Saturday to see him again. Hopefully Jen is there as well.
 
Next miracle. So, we have been trying to get a hold of a referral we got for a lady named Cindy who lives pretty close to us. We stopped by Monday morning and she was there and we talked with her for a little bit. She had a ton of questions for us too! She basically asked us for a Book of Mormon and we were able to teach her about our church and how it functions. She really is interested in learning more. She is SUPER cool! and we are so excited to be able to bring the gospel into her life.
 
This past week has just been amazing! Conference, cool people, great dinners from the members :) the Lord is truly blessing our work out here in D.C.!
 
Oh and also, missionaries in our mission are now allowed to be on Facebook. People look me up! If anyone has any questions about my church please feel free to ask me! You can find me on Facebook at Elder Jacob Peterson. I am really excited to be able to use Social Media to share the truthfulness of the Gospel with the world!
 
Well, I am off now. Things are going great out here and I love being a missionary! I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church here on the earth and I know that true happiness comes from turning our lives over to Christ. I love him and I love this gospel.

Thanks for all of the prayers in my behalf. Keep sharing the Gospel and keep living life the best you can.

Love,
Elder Peterson

Elder Galuvao and I at the temple this morning



Fall in DC


Mr. Turtle

No comments:

Post a Comment