Tuesday, November 12, 2013

11/12/13 Elder Peterson - So I did it again...

Sorry that I missed yesterday. Funny story about that. So, we were told that the libraries were going to be closed because of Veteran's Day and so we didn't even bother to check the library to email. When we went by later that evening the library was open.....silly us. It's all good though. We got permission to email today and here I am!
 
So, this past week was a great week. I love the Bowie ward so much! This past Sunday it really sunk in that I feel apart of the Bowie ward. The people are so nice, I know everyone...well I pretend I do but there are a lot of people...and I just feel at home when I am there! I know that the Lord has put me here in this area because I need it. I need to feel the joys of being a missionary here and to be reminded of how important it is to work with the members of the ward. It is really great.
 
Sunday night was the Night of Music and Inspiration, and I had the opportunity to sing at it. We were in an octet and we sang "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go."  Want to know something crazy? President Eyring's brother is serving as the Visitor's Center President and I was able to sing with him...it was awesome. I can officially say that I have an "in" with the Eyring family...just kidding...but seriously though. It's legit.
 
So, Jen and Randy are doing pretty good. They still haven't been able to make it to church which is unfortunate but we are working on it! They were super busy this past week but should be pretty available this week to go by. We are hoping to pop in tonight for a visit. We are also planning on visiting with the Zasadils as well.
 
This Friday we have a huge Mission conference and Elder Zwick of the Seventy is coming to speak to us. It is going to be super awesome! I can't wait to hear from him. Hopefully I will be able to learn a thing or two.

Well, I think that is it from me. Have a great week!
Love, Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment