Monday, November 18, 2013

11/18/13 Elder Peterson - This Week Was Great!

Hello everyone this is Elder Peterson. How is it going? How is life in Arizona? Probably not as good as it is out here! Well, maybe it is....but whatever. I am good and not sick at all! (I am not so sure he would tell me even if he was sick...)

So this past week was awesome! Seriously. Here is why. So we were able to have a mission conference this past Friday and Elder Zwick of the Seventy came to speak with us.  It was really good, really long, and really inspired. I learned so much! I think that the greatest thing that I learned is something that I already knew but it really stuck out to me this time. This is what it is....making mistakes is part of life. When you make a mistake, forgive yourself, repent and move on. Sometimes when I mistakes out here in the mission I really get down and beat myself up. I really need to stop having that attitude because it is not healthy for me. I need to stop being so hard on myself. It is okay to mess up! He also told us all about the storm in the Phillipines. (We were so happy to hear all of our missionaries were protected and kept safe and all accounted for...)

So something else that I learned that is super cool is that our mission is going to get Ipads...What's up!! At the end of November. And something else that is pretty cool is that we get to keep them after the mission. I think it is pretty cool but I can't wait to be able to use it because it is going to make missionary work SO much more effective. It is going to be great.

Well, that was the highlight of this past week. Some other things that happened were a lot of raking leaves. A lot. My muscles are ginormous now! haha seriously though. We were able to help out one of the ladies in our ward's mother who isn't a member and we were also able to help that lady who is a member in her yard too. It was pretty fun.

Well, Thanksgiving is coming up soon and I am excited to eat! Happy holidays everyone have a great week!
 
Love you all!
Elder Peterson
 
In case you didn't see the previous post, here is a youtube link to Night of Music and Inspiration where Elder Peterson sings in an octet...I sure do miss his voice around our home!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment