Monday, November 25, 2013

11/25/13 Elder Peterson - Things are getting crazy out here!

Well, this is Elder Peterson again. Wow, this week has been a blur.

Things are going so fast now it is insane! I already have another transfer under my belt. Turns out that I am going to be moving to the Capitol area for this transfer! President Cooke is doing transfers differently now and letting us know where we are going and who we are going to be serving with before transfer meeting. Usually we were told if we were staying or going and then on Wednesday we would find out who and where. It is so crazy! Now I have a couple of days to think about my next area and reflect on how the past couple months have been. I am really going to miss Bowie so much! I have grown to love the ward a ton and have made so many friends out here it is crazy. But I am excited to start in a new area with new people and new experiences. I love being a missionary!

Well, so last week we did a lot more service for people. We had a lot of rakes to leave....I mean leaves to rake. Just making sure you were paying attention. We were able to go to the Zasadil family and rake their backyard up. We made a giant pile of the leaves and we jumped from their trampoline into the pile. It was a blast! We got a really cool video of it. But I cant send it yet. Ya'll have to wait for another year! Also we went and helped out a less active guy with his leaves too. It was a good time.

Something else that happened this last week was our ward has a really cool thing they do where they send out Thanksgiving baskets to the less fortunate in our ward boundaries. It was a really great time. We were able to help out with the packing the baskets and going out to hand them out to the families. We got a few referrals for the Sister missionaries. It was a real good time.

Wow, I am really excited for this upcoming week. Thanksgiving is going to be so much fun! I hope that everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving!

Love you all!
Elder Peterson

PS
Sweet. Congrats to Ashley! (His cousin just got engaged)

No comments:

Post a Comment