Monday, November 25, 2013

11/25/13 Hermana Peterson - It's beginning to look a lot like summer!!

Well, this week was a good one. Nothing too crazy to report. On Wednesday and Thursday, my companion had a conference for the new missionaries, and I got to be companions with Hermana Taylor! It was good to talk to her, and good to catch up. She´s just the zone over from us, but it was really fun to work with her! Then on Friday, we had a mini cambio and I got to work with Hermana Moran from Equador. She´s a very happy and chipper missionary, and sometimes I just wish I was like that. I just have decided that I will never be like that, and that´s okay. I like being me.

Could I get the email address and physical address of Natalie Stewart so I could send her a letter and message? I´m so happy and proud of her for serving! :)

Okay, in the Liahona (Ensign) this month, there is a picture of Scott Fox! I was flipping through it the other day, and was like HEY I KNOW HIM! It sometimes is a little weird to think that of the people I know from Mesa and went to school with, there are like 10 of us here in Chile, all spread out!

So, this week was a little difficult for us. We as a companionship are working really hard, but we´re not seeing a ton of success, which is frustrating. BUT, something that I have learned, is that there is never a bad day on the mission if we try our best! I know that everything happens for a reason, and we´re going to learn from this! I sometimes just feel like we walk and walk and walk, and no one listens. This last week we received lots of references and actually succeeded at contacting some of them, and we´re going to keep working with them! We found a new contact last week, Stephanie, who is 16 years old. She was a reference from the office, and we found out that her dad is an inactive member. We invited her to a baptism this last week for the 14th, but then her date fell because she got sick and couldn´t come to church :( But, we have a lesson with her tomorrow and are going to put a fecha with her for the 21st of December. If you could please keep her in your prayers, and us too that we will be guided to know what to say to help her. She´s so sweet and is so prepared for the Gospel! I know that with a little more strength, she will realize how the gospel will bless her life.

Please keep praying for us, to be lead to those who are ready for the Gospel. On Saturday, Juan´s mom was baptized in another city, and he was able to baptize her. In this world, we will just NEVER see the effect that we have in helping others come unto Christ. We are always planting seeds, even with just a smile. Keep pushing on and being missionaries there!

Happy birthday this week to Paige, Max, Heidi, and Ashley and also congratulations to Ashley who got engaged!!!! Oh how happy!! Yay for her!!!
Happy Thanksgiving! Happy Hump day to me! I hope everyone has an amazing week and please eat tons of food :) I love being a missionary, I love being a missionary, and there are 30 days until Christmas.

Love,
Hermana Peterson

On our way to the beach for a zone activity

Our zone


 

No comments:

Post a Comment