Tuesday, November 5, 2013

11/5/13 Elder Peterson - Better late than never!!

Hello everyone this is Elder Peterson.
SORRY SORRY SORRY!!!!!

Yesterday was the Arlington Trip. It is a trip where the missionaries who are going home in the next 6 months go to the Arlington Cemetery and they go all day. E. Galuvao went and we didn't get the time to email. I would've let you know in advance but we didn't know how long it was going to take. But we have some time this morning... This last week was pretty good. Let me tell you why.

First off some of the greatest news....we were able to put Taylor and Josh on a date for baptism!! They are going to be baptized on December 15. Taylor and Josh are Sis. Zasadil's boys that we have been working with for about a month now. They are so cool and really want to be baptized. We just need to help them understand the purpose of baptism more and really help them to feel the Spirit in their lives so they can truly feel the happiness that comes from living the Gospel. We are so excited!!

So my companions this past week had a great idea on how to fellowship with the ward and our investigators. We made brownies. And some cookies too. We took them to some of the members in our area and they were super surprised. We also were able to take some to Jen and Randy our investigators as well. It was a great idea and even though it took a while to get everything set up it was worth it. I know that the ward is starting to trust us and I am so excited to be able to continue to work with them.

How was every one's Halloween? Mine was pretty boring. We had to stay in for Halloween night. We were able to update records and do stuff inside to make up the difference. We did have one little kid come up to our door to trick or treat. I had to give him some of my candy because we were not prepared... but it's all good!!
 
I can't believe that it is already November!!! Time is going by so fast!! Next month is Christmas and I can't wait to call and talk with my family! It is going to be awesome.

Oh something that I forgot to mention is that it is so beautiful out here. The fall colors are amazing. Don't worry I am going to send some pictures. I actually took some! :)

Well I love you all so much! Hope that you have a great week.
Elder Peterson

Me trying to be creative
Fall in Bowie, Maryland
 

No comments:

Post a Comment