Monday, December 16, 2013

12/16/13 Hermana Peterson - When the President Calls You...

You either know you´re busted, or he´s gonna ask you to do something that you might not want to do. Welp, the latter happened to me last night. At about 9:30, I got a call from President, extending the call to me to be a sister trainer. We´re like zone leaders, but for the hermanas. We´re over 2 zones of hermanas and we do exchanges with them and provide training. I´m going to be companions with Hermana Miskin from California (who´s dad just got called as the first counselor in the Redlands mission!). She leaves in February. But he also told me that me the Lord wanted me to leave Talcahuano and serve in Cauquenes (cow-ken-es). Not gonna lie, if he wouldn´t have thrown in the words "I know this is what the Lord is calling you to do" I might have said no. Tonight is going to be a rough night, having to say bye to everyone here, but I feel at peace. I truly know this is where I need to be heading and I´m super excited! I had a feeling all week that I´d be leaving, so the only thing I knew how to do was pray for peace to accept whatever happened. I told President that I didn´t WANT to do it, but that I would just put my trust in the Lord that he knows what´s best for me. He laughed and told me that he knows we´re going to destroy it in Cauquenes, so hey at least one of us has faith :) We hung up, and the tears came. I haven´t cried that hard in a long time. Probably scared my poor companion :) BUT, life is good. I´m a little nervous that everything I have won´t fit in my suitcases, so if you could send prayers my way, I´d appreciate it :) I also feel super inadequate to be a sister trainer, to be in charge. BUT, I know that the Lord doesn´t give us things that we can´t handle. "Iré y haré lo que el Señór ha mandado.." I know that this cambio was inspired... I for about 2 or 3 weeks have felt as though I wasn´t progressing, so I´m excited for the change. I know that our Savior lives and that he truly has a part in each of our lives! Also, Stephanie´s fecha had to change to the próximo Viernes the 27th. Even though I won´t be here for it, please keep her in your prayers. Her family is a little bit of a struggle and for this the fecha had to change, but please pray that all will turn out good!

Mom, I got your packages today! I almost started crying in the office when I opened the book and saw all of the Christmas stories.... you are the BEST! Sorry I didn´t get it on the 1st, but don´t you worry. I will cherish this book forever. I also haven´t opened the tree, but have to do it to put it in my suitcase. You are the greatest! Got Grandma´s package too and am super excited to open it. I gave the stocking to my companion, Hermana Canchán. I know that she´ll love it and she promised to take pictures :)

This weekend was crazy, so once again I didn´t look at birthdays, but I know we´ve got Dian, Brielle, Virginia, Summer and I think that´s it. I hope you have amazing weeks!
Well, I think that´s about it. Mom, if you could change the weather stats to Cauquenes, I´d appreciate it. I´m preparing to die. I heard it´s hot. Also, I´m going to be in a branch and there are 4 hermanas in our sector... one is the other Hermana Peterson :) LIFE IS GOOD!

Dad, send me all of the skype information, but other than that, Cáio!

I LOVE YOU! Have an amazing week, and safe travels to UTAH!
Love,
Hermana Peterson


We picked some plums off a tree...shhhh!

Improvising with plastic sacks jerseys for our futbol game

Playing futbol with some ladies in the ward
We lost 4 to 5 but had a great time!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment