Monday, December 2, 2013

12/2/13 Elder Peterson - Well, just another crazy week here!

Man so many people emailed me and so I don't have much time to write but I am praying that God will bless me with quick hands and fingers for the next ten minutes. Alright here goes nothing...
 
I LOVE MY NEW AREA!!! I am in the Capitol Ward. It is just south of the actual Capitol. I cover the Clinton, MD and Brandywine, MD area. My companion is Elder Wendt and he is a boss! He is a super hard worker and I love it. We are in a 4 man apartment. Elder Wendt is from California. Yes, I am still the District Leader but in this district there is only 4 of us. It will be different from my last experience. But I am really excited!

This past weekend was real crazy. So Thanksgiving was a lot of fun. In the morning we went and played football with members of the ward. There was ice on the field and frozen puddles. Thankfully I didn't slip but when it started to warm up there was a lot of mud on the field and people started playing dirty out one the field....literally. It was a load of fun and I actually was able to score a couple touchdowns. I was super sore the next day though. After that we went home and showered and stuff and then went over to the Patenaude's home for Thanksgiving dinner. There was a ton of food and because we are missionaries we were able to take the leftovers home...:) It was the best. It really was a great day.
 
Alright so a couple of miracles this week. First off tracting works!

So on Saturday we were on our way home and realized that we had a few minutes before we needed to be home for dinner and so we decided to knock on a few doors. So we knocked a couple...no success. We started heading back to the car and we both looked at each other and said.."One more door''. So we knock on the last door and it turns out that the people living there had met with missionaries before in Indiana. It was a coincidence that we knocked on their door...NOT! It was such a testimony building experience for me to know that God really does place us exactly where we need to be as long as we are following the Spirit. It was amazing!

Next miracle. So on Wedenesday this past week Elder Wendt and I went and knocked on the door of a former investigator named Kiyomi. We set up an appt. for Sunday and we went by yesterday and talked with her and she is still interested in meeting with us! We set up an appt. in a couple of Sundays to meet with her.
 
Man this week has been crazy awesome! The Lord is really blessing us for our efforts. I know that the church is true. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God! Everyone read it!

That's all from me this week. Have fun listening to all of that Christmas music!
 
Love,
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment