Tuesday, December 10, 2013

12/9/13 Hermana Peterson - Back Pain, No Fun!

So this week, was a little bit of a road block. My back kept hurting me really bad, and even with a stronger pain medicine, nothing helped. Sometimes, you´ve just got to keep working, but finally on Thursday, I went to the doctor, and she told me that the muscles in my back were super inflamed. She told me I couldn´t leave for 2 days, she wrote a prescription for a higher pain medicine, and told me I had to get shots to relax my muscles. I´ll give you 5 bucks if you can guess how many I had to get and where I had to get them.... I got 4 shots, IN.MY.BUM. I couldn´t help but laugh every time I thought about telling you guys, and I can clearly hear Seth´s laugh in my head, dying and then telling all of his friends. I can also see dad gut laughing.... I wish I could see it. It´s moments like these that make the not so worth it moments, worth it. I love my mission so much. I got 1 on Thursday, 2 on Friday, and 1 on Saturday. Because it was a little bit  hectic for the mission nurse to come out, Danay gave me 2 of them. Never thought one of my converts would see that side of me :) So we stayed in Thursday and Friday, and Saturday and Sunday went out and worked for a bit, but not the full time. My back still is hurting, so we´ll see what happens. If you could pray for a quicker recovery, I´d appreciate it! So needless to say, our numbers weren´t the best this week, but we have plans to hopefully have a way better week.
 
I straightened my hair for the first time today in 9 months. It´s so crazy how much different I look without my frizz ball :) But I got a lot of comments, and so maybe I´ll do it a little more often now that there isn´t a lot of humidity. Probably not, because it´s so much easier to just let it be. There was also an elder in the office today passing out Reese´s peanut butter cups. REAL Reese´s Peanut butter cups. I just ate them both. Also, I loved me some white chocolate covered Oreos this last week. I love America.
 
Our family tradition of eating these while decorating our Christmas tree...she found some in Chile!!

 So mom sent me music. I downloaded it on my flash drive and right after this I´m going to buy one of those cube speakers so I can jam in the house. I love my mom. Have the best one in the world! Also, Mom, I think that you could send other music and videos that way. You could try to send voice recordings or videos if you´d like!! 

Happy birthday today to Seth! I can´t believe you are 13. Where in the world did the time go. Just so you know, you can now wear make-up. Don´t get too crazy, and remember always that you hold the Priesthood. I hope the video comes through! I love you :) 

Also, I forgot to look at my birthday sheet today, but I remember that Uncle David and Kyle have birthdays this week. I´m sorry that I´m lame and don´t remember the rest, but I´ll do better next week!

I´m sorry my letter is so short. Remember to keep Stephanie in your prayers! She´s still planning on being baptized the 21st! Also, mom we´re vacuuming and I think the fleas have left the building, but keep praying for no more! 16 DAYS UNTIL WE SKYPE! I know the church is true, more and more each day. I´m grateful for faithful parents, not only to each other but to the Gospel. I´m grateful their mine forever!

Love,
Hermana Peterson
A huge chunk of our ward
 
Hermana Taylor's and my tan line (and it's not even summer yet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment