Monday, January 6, 2014

1/6/13 Elder Peterson - What a wonderful week!!

Hello everybody!
 
Wow this past week has been super awesome! Elder Wendt and I have been working our behinds off and we are seeing the results!! I am super excited to tell you all about this week.

So, we got a referral over our phone for a lady named Victoria. We called her and set up an appointment for this past Friday. So we invited a member of the ward Bro. C. to come with us and we went over and talked to her about the Restoration and she had a couple questions about the Book of Mormon. Elder Wendt invited Victoria to be baptized and she said YES!!! She is scheduled to be baptized on February 15th. We cannot wait! It is going to be super awesome!!!!!
 
Also, we were able to have a couple of other appointments with a man named Cecil. We met him while he was out on his driveway and he said we could come by another time. And that's what we did. He is pretty cool but is having a hard time understanding the need of a prophet. We committed him to read the Book of Mormon and he said that he would and we are going to visit him another time. Also, on Saturday we met with one of our investigators Kiyomi with a member of the ward Bro. K. and he did a great job with helping Kiyomi understand the purpose of the Book of Mormon. She told us that she has been procrastinating in reading it and she is going to do it before the next time that we come over. I sure hope that she does!!
 
Alright so transfers are coming up this Wednesday and it turns out that I have been asked to be a trainer. I am really excited but at the same time I am really nervous. It is a lot of responsibility to have a brand new missionary under my wing but I know that the Lord will help me to do my best. I am grateful for the opportunity to serve.

Well, that is about if from me. The Lord has been truly blessing me in my service. This past week I was also able to complete the Book of Mormon. As a mission, we have been reading the Book of Mormon for the past few months and we have been marking in our scriptures three different topics in the Book of Mormon.

1) Our Purpose as Missionaries
2) The Doctrine of Christ
3) The Atonement of Christ
 
It is amazing how these three topics are intertwined. It was an amazing experience to be able to complete the Book of Mormon again and to kneel down and ask my Heavenly Father once again about its truthfulness. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that the Spirit has witnessed it to me and I know that anyone who reads the Book of Mormon will experience the Spirit as well. I love the Gospel and I love being a missionary.
 
I hope that everyone has a great week!

Love,
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment