Monday, February 10, 2014

2/10/14 Elder Peterson - It is cold here!!

Things are going pretty well out here. It has been pretty cold the
past few days but other than that things are going great. Elder
Redmond is picking things up fast.

So this week things were pretty slow. We had a lot of appointments
that we were excited for but they all fell through. We kind of were
feeling disappointed but we knew that we were doing our best so that
is all that matters. We had a very sweet miracle last night though. We
were going to visit one of our investigators Victoria who is kind of
struggling a little bit. She got a job which is great but she is super
busy now. We were going to make a drop in visit and she wasn't there
but there was another lady in the home named Sinnah who opened the
door and let us in. Her and Victoria are related in some way. We were
able to talk with her for a little bit and we set up an appointment
with her for Wednesday. We are really excited for it.

Also, this Wednesday we are going to be able to go to the Temple as a
mission. This will be Elder Redmond's first time in the D.C. temple so
I am excited for him to see it. It is so beautiful. I can't wait to
go.

This past week we had a really great district meeting about having the
companionship of the Holy Ghost and purifying our hearts. I really
learned a lot from it. I learned that I need to be striving to have a
pure heart each and every day. I know that as we do this we will be
able to have the Holy Ghost with us at all times. I am working on it
for sure, and I invite everyone to think about where their heart is at
in the grand scheme of things. What can we all do to be more purified?

Well, I love you all. I hope you have a great week!

Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment