Tuesday, February 18, 2014

2/17/14 Hermana Peterson - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I am an old fart. Pardon my language Grandma Peterson, in this case there just isn´t any other way to say it :)
I laughed out loud at Leah´s card, cried when I read Bekah´s, didn´t know I had been such a missionary when I had read mom´s card (I seriously stuffed Easter Pageant fliers in my classmates mailboxes?), I felt a tender side of Seth that I´ve never felt and the poster is going up in the house, and I just felt all the love that little Cabers can muster. I also felt love from dad pouring out from the box...
Opening up my birthday box

Thank you, Seth

Yes, I'm Ninja! Great shirt, Dad!!
 
So for starters, my birthday has been super! We ate breakfast with the Scholes in the morning as a district and the Elders brought my package and my letter from JAKE!!! Happiest girl ever! I love you so much and thank you for thinking of me on my day! Mom, your taste in clothing is amazing.  Also, we will have an origami party tonight!! Tonight we´re eating French fries with our ward mission leader and his wife!!! (they seriously have changed my life. I love them so much). Hermano Marcelo you met him on Christmas. Also, Vilma and friends are planning a surprise party for me that I know NOTHING about...but it´s been so good! I´ve felt so much love from everyone, thank you thank you thank you!
The Scholes made me breakfast and a cake!

They were trick candles

My Zone on my birthday
A Chilean tradition is to put your face in the cake and take a bite. Now, I'm Chilean!!
 
Yesterday in church we had a lesson in Sunday School about Heavenly Father. I started to think, and the thought occurred to me, that 21 years ago today, it was my turn to leave the presence of Him and our Savior Jesus Christ to come here to earth and get my body! 21 years ago, I dwelt with them, talked with them, laughed with them, etc. I´m so glad that even though I´m not physically with them, that I still have the means to communicate with them through prayer. I´m grateful for the knowledge I have as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ. I know that God and Jesus Christ have bodies like ours. We learn this by reading the FIRST CHAPTER of the Bible. We were/are created in their own image. The Holy Ghost is the 3rd member of the Godhead and he is a spirit and by these means, he can be with us! I´m so grateful to be here on the earth, learning and teaching these special truths that help me to understand more of who I am. I invite you to better your relationship with our Heavenly Father through prayers, sincere prayers.
 
1. I cut my hair again last week. Only like an inch and a half, but it was SO needed.
2. My lactose intolerance is coming back again. I can´t really do anything with the members and the food they give me, but I´m buying lactose free milk and yogurt and am eating Trix so I´m doing the best I can! Miraculously, I´m still able to eat gluten :) YAY for missions!
And sometimes I organize my Trix...
3. I had a mini cambio up in Linares this past week, and the trees there have white fuzz on the backs of the leaves. COOLEST THING EVER!
4. Happy birthday this week to Stephen, Sterling, and Annamarie! I love you all and hope your days are as amazing as mine has been!
5. My back is at about 95%! YAY! I went out and worked 4 full days this week! Progress.
Physical Therapy
And I think that´s all! I love you all so much and can´t believe I only have 6 months left of my mission. Seriously though, thinking about coming home makes me want to throw up a little bit. It makes me all sorts of nervous and stuff. BUT, I love you so much and am so glad you are mine forever!!!

Please keep Bernardita, Lurgardi, and Patricia in your prayers. The first 2 went to church yesterday and Bernardita has fecha for the 8th of March and Lugardi for the 15th. We´re still working with Patricia, but the extra prayers would be fabulous!

Keep being little missionaries you crazies. The Lord puts people in our paths that only we can help!

LOVE,
HERMANA PETERSON :)
A cool bridge in Cauquens

Under the bridge...

KISS cookies we bought for Valentine's Day

Feeling good...my back is 95% better
 

No comments:

Post a Comment