Tuesday, March 11, 2014

3/10/14 Elder Peterson - Hello My People!!

Hello everyone, this is Elder Peterson reporting from Maryland.
This past week was pretty crazy. We got snowed in for two days. Also, we
had our zone training meetings and it was really awesome! I was
feeling a little down this past week (no worries though). But, the
workshops that were given were really great and I learned a lot from
them. One of  the things that really stood out to me during the zone
training this past week was my attitude towards the work. I realized
that there are days when I really have a negative attitude and it is
really not necessary. I want things to go well, I just have to think
that they will go well. A positive attitude is really what helps our
lives to be able to be the way that we want them to be. We all have
trials, and that is something that will never change. If we have an
attitude of gratitude during our lives, then we will not have to worry
about the mistakes that we make and we can always be happy!

This past Saturday after Elder Redmond and I had a wonderful lesson with a
lady named Michelle and her mother Catherine. We were little
skeptical about what was going to happen, because we have been trying
to visit with her and her mother for about a month now. We finally
were able to set something up and it worked out marvelously! We were
able to take a returned missionary from the ward Bryan Powell with us
and he really really helped out with the lesson. They both felt the
spirit very strong, and they agreed to read in the Book of Mormon and
pray about it. We are really excited to continue to meet with them!

I can't believe that the transfer is almost halfway over! That means
that I have been training Elder Redmond for the past nine weeks! It is
amazing how fast time flies. He is doing a wonderful job. I sure hope
that he's learning at least one thing from me. I am sure learning a lot
from him. Only three weeks left and I might be out of the Capitol
Ward! I can't believe it! That means that I've been here for about 4
1/2 months. That's a pretty long time. But I've enjoyed it a lot, and
I've grown a lot as a missionary.

One thing that I have learned over the past couple of weeks is diligence.
We all know that life can drag us down, and sometimes doubts pop into
our minds when things are not going our way. I have learned that as we
continue to move forward, keeping an eye single to the glory of God,
that we will be able to see success. Our lives will be dedicated to
the Lord, and he will bless us with the desire to keep moving forward.
I have grown to appreciate my Heavenly Father so much, and I know that
he is watching over me. I am so grateful for the work that I've been
able to do out here, and what the work has been able to do for me, and
the people that I come in contact with. There are so many good people
in this world, and I have the privilege of meeting just a few of them.
There are many people back in Arizona that are good people, and I miss
them a lot. I'm so grateful for the role models that I have in my
life, and for the many role models that I continue to have while I am
out here serving the Lord.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. Elder L Tom Perry is going
to be speaking at our stake conference. Hopefully we will be able to
meet him. That would be really sweet.

Well, I love you all so much! I hope that you have a wonderful week
and I look forward to hearing from you this next week!

Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment