Monday, March 24, 2014

3/17/14 Hermana Peterson - Mary Jane, the Hedgehog

Talcahuano is the best. Still smells like hamster, but it´s the best! We´ve had a super good week this week! We met a lot of the members, and got a lot of contacts. In her last week in the mission, Hermana Miskin had 244 contacts (a contacto consists of inviting someone to do something, and teaching a little principle), her last week in the mission. I told her I would get 250 and Hermana Heslop and I put it as our goal this week. We figured it out and we´d have to have 5 contacts EVERY hour of working time. So, more so than praying that we can get 250 contacts, if you could pray that the people who need our message would be put in our path, we´d appreciate it! We found Maria José this last week, and she came to church! The members LOVE her and brought her right in to their circle. She has a baptismal date for the 5th of April, but is having a really hard time understanding the things we´re teaching. We keep praying that her mind will be open so that she can understand, but after church we asked her how she felt and she said she didn´t have words to explain how she felt. YAY for the Gospel blessing people´s lives!
I get along SO well with Hermana Heslop, which makes for more pleasant everything! She also is super worried about the weight she´s gained, and SO this week we started working out and eating super healthy (see picture). It´s a lot easier to do it when your companion wants to be healthy too! SO here´s to lookin good :)
Our Diet Plan

My new companion Hermana Heslop

Jake, sometimes I get super jealous that you are serving a mission in the states and have access to all of the good American goodies. Hermana Heslop and I were talking about all of the food that we miss and I made a list of things that aren´t here,  but that I´d seriously give my right arm to have. It´s funny how you don´t realize you´re mission something until you don´t have it. 

Fruit snacks, red vines and twizzlers, goldfish (but Hermana Heslop has a few left so I had a few this week and they were SO good!), cinnamon pop tarts, sea salt and cracked pepper chips, nilla wafers, and pretzels.  

And one more story to wrap this week up! So yesterday we had lunch with a family in our ward that has a hedgehog as a pet. It freaked me out because I´d never seen one before, and it took a lot to end up holding it, but I knew I´d regret it if I didn´t do it. So Hermana Heslop started, we got super cute pictures, and then it was my turn. I had it in my hands for like 2 seconds and it started pooping. IN.MY.HAND. Luckily, we caught it with a napkin before it actually touched my hand, but THAT IS WHY I DON´T LIKE ANIMALS. jeez Louise. We laughed so hard, and then Hermana Antillón wanted to hold it and I turned to look at her, and saw that the hedgehog was about to start peeing on her. It got on her clothes, and it was hysterical. We laughed for about 10 minutes non stop and a lot of us were crying because it was SO stinking funny (ha ha no pun intended). You would´ve had to have been there, but it was so funny! Hope the pictures help :)
With the hedgehog

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! Have a fabulous week in California! 

Also, I finished 3 Nefi (Nephi in the Book of Mormon) this morning! If I read 2 chapters a day, I´ll finish by conference! 19 days! YAY! I´m so excited! 3 Nefi is super powerful! Especially 3 Nefi 18. Read it this week. It´s awesome!

I love you!
Love,
Hermana Peterson 
Chilleans...so classy!

Grafitti...love you buddy!

My zone in Talcahuano

We made the balloon arch for the newly remodeled chapel open house
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment