Monday, March 24, 2014

3/24/14 Hermana Peterson - We went the extra mile, er person.

TWO HUNDRED FIFTY ONE CONTACTS BABY. We had so much fun this week trying to get that many! One day by itself we had like 64 contacts BUT, the assistants told us today that we beat the mission record. I feel like I should be on "The Best Two Years" now!!
So I´ve got some good news, some bad news, and some I need some forgiveness news. We´ll start backwards and move forward, shall we?
I need to ask forgiveness from Abby and Grant! I totally forgot to wish them a happy birthday this last week! I can´t believe you two are 11 now. I REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE BORN. Holy cow, I´m the old one :)  I hope your day was spectacular!

(Doctrine and Covenants 58: 3-4)

Bad news.... I just heard that this last week while Yolanda was at church (one of the abuelitas that I baptized in Cauquenes) her son Fernando (the one that we taught who liked alcohol) killed himself and I think she found him after church.... I heard that the branch has stepped up and is helping so much but please keep this sweet dear lady in your prayers. Hermana Moran said she´s at peace, but please pray for her.

Good news. DIEGO got baptized this last weekend! I don´t have pictures yet, but he and his little sister got baptized! YAY for the gospel! :) Also, Maria José is still progressing super well to her baptism. She has something wrong with her face (we´re not exactly sure what it is, but it´s like warts/boils) and she´s got a surgery set for September. She´s wasn´t living the law of chastity or the word of wisdom, and I promised her in a lesson the other day that if she started living both and kept preparing for her baptism, that she wouldn´t have the need to have the surgery, that the Lord would bless her for what she´s doing. We need all the prayers and faith that we can have! Please if you could pray super hard for her, that she´ll keep understanding the things that we´re teaching her and that she´ll have the faith too, I KNOW THE LORD will help her!

So about the scripture picture. That´s the scripture that Sister Mary N. Cook shared in the Young Adult fireside I was at when I knew I would need to serve a mission. At the beginning of my mission I found that I had written a note in my scriptures about it and I remembered it this past week, so there you go. That picture could describe my mission.

I´m sorry this is so short! I love you all and know that I´m doing so good! I love my area, I love my companion, I love this gospel, and I love you all so much! Thank you for your examples and for all that you´re do for me! You are the best!

Love,
Hermana Peterson
Saying goodbye to the Pulsiphers who are heading home to Idaho

No comments:

Post a Comment