Monday, March 31, 2014

3/31/14 Elder Peterson - Super excited for General Conference this weekend!



How's it going? This past week has been pretty crazy! We had the
opportunity to go to the temple and I love going there. It was a
really unique experience because one of the members of our ward Sister
Brooks, give us some names to do baptisms. It was the first time that
I was able to go into the baptismal font here in the DC Temple. It is
beautiful! And it was really cool to be able to participate in the
baptisms. It was also cool to be able to take the names back to her
and to see her face when she saw us. I don't think I'll ever
understand how truly grateful she was, and how grateful her ancestors
were on the other side. I'm so grateful for the plan of salvation!
Everybody gets the chance to accept the Gospel. What a wonderful
message that we get to share out  here's missionaries! Everyone can
receive the Gospel.

This past week was also crazy for the fact that it rained so much! But
I think that it's all over now. Things are just going to turn green
really soon. I remember at the beginning of my mission coming out here
and having everything be dead, and I thought to myself "I wonder what
this is going to look like in a couple months?" It is so beautiful out
here when everything is blossoming.

So it turns out that I'm going to be leaving the Capitol Ward! Our
transfers are this Wednesday, and I don't know where I'm going yet.
The way that transfers work out here is that we get a call Saturday
night from the zone leaders telling us if we are staying or going.
Then, on Tuesday night we find out where we are going and who are
companion is going to be. I'm going to miss being here a lot, but I am
really excited to start a new adventure. I am sure going to miss Elder
Redmond a lot! It has been a wonderful opportunity to train and to
learn so much from him. He is going to really become a great leader in
this mission.

This weekend we had the opportunity to go up to the visitor center to
see The savior of the World musical. The show was put on by the
singles Ward out here in the DC/Maryland area. We were able to take a
recent convert with us and also a family named the Smiths. We really
had a great time! The show was really good too. Instead of it being
the birth of Jesus Christ, it was all about the resurrection of Jesus
Christ. It was cool to see the second act of the musical for the first
time. The recent converts name is sister Visencio and she really
enjoyed it along with her son Ulises. They are super cool family!

Well that's about it for me. Anticipating transfers and I'm super
excited for general conference this weekend! It's going to be weird
not being here in the Capitol ward during conference, because I was
really looking forward to it, but that's the way it's going to be. I
sure hope that everyone takes great notes during conference. I love
conference so much. I'm so grateful for the chance that I have to be
here serving a mission although though it may be hard sometimes, I am
grateful for the choice that I made. Not only has it
helped me but it's helped others as well. That's the joy of being a
member of this church! It is all about serving.

Well, have a wonderful week. I will talk to you soon!

Love,
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment