Monday, March 3, 2014

3/3/14 Hermana Peterson - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TÍA OLÍA.

Holy cow Leah. Even though you aren´t a tía, I decided that my children someday will call you tía Olia because it sounds super cool haha and I will too :) I can´t believe you are 15 YEARS OLD! Man, I remember when I was 15. Good times. I hope you have such a good day, and enjoy that banana cream pie for me!!!!!!!! You could even save me a piece if you wanted :)
 
Gosh dang it. I left my agenda in the house, and can´t go back for it, because we´re in Parral for an activity and it had ALL OF MY STORIES THAT I HAD TO TELL YOU NOTED. Today will just be a day of pictures :)

Happy birthday last week to Brinkley, Ariana, Gavin and Josh. Sorry I didn´t say happy birthday sooner, but I hope it was so good! And happy birthday this week to McKenzie, Uncle Brian, Leah, Anavey, and I don´t know if I´m forgetting anyone else.

This last week we went out to Pelluhue (pe-jew-way), the coast twice, once to proselyte and once for an activity with the ward. Mom and Dad, when we come back, we´re going to Pelluhue. It is SO beautiful! We´re working with President right now to get permission to work out there. It´s about 1 hour drive to Cauquenes, but it would be part of our branch. We´re still working with this, so we´ll see how things go! We should know by this week, what is going to happen with that! Speaking of this week, Elder Zeballo is coming for the Conference on Thursday. I am SCARED out of my mind for the musical number. Hermana Glazier (the cousin of Hermana Oldroyd) is playing for us, and she said I´d rather be singing and I said I´d rather be playing, but we both came to the conclusion that the Lord takes us out of our comfort zones to help us reach our potential. Still doesn´t help though, I´m still so stinking scared.
 
We had a good week, but we´re struggling to have people that are progressing. The thing with Cauquenes is that the majority of the people let us pass into their houses NO PROBLEM, but the majority of them don´t end up progressing. Something that´s been on my mind a lot is the thought of the traditions of fathers. The Book of Mormon truly testifies of our days. There are many many people in the world who follow the traditions of their fathers, but they need to gain their own testimonies and then follow them. We did however find some super great people and we are so excited to work with them. We have the majority of our appts with them today or tomorrow! YAY! I love the Gospel so much. 

This last week I completed one year in the mission. I did a lot of reflecting on everything that I´ve become in this past year, and the things that I´ve accomplished. Also, our Zone Leaders challenged us as leaders to read Alma 26 and put ourselves in the shoes of Ammon. Ammon, in my opinion, is the greatest missionary who has ever lived. So, I´m going to take a little bit of scriptural liberty and include my changes here, because this is how I truly feel. I know the Lord lives and that he loves each one of us. He uses us and our weaknesses to help others come to know the Gospel. My heart aches for the people I know who don´t have the Gospel in their lives, but we have to keep praying! 

And now, these are the words of Hermana Peterson to her family, which say thus: My dear family, behold I say unto you, how great reason have I to rejoice; for could I have supposed when I started from the land of Mesa Arizona that God would have granted unto me such great blessings?

 And now, I ask, what great blessings has he bestowed upon me? Can ye tell?

 Behold, I answer for you; for our brethren, the Chileans, were in darkness, yea, even in the darkest abyss, but behold, how many of them are brought to behold the marvelous light of God! And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon me, that I have been made an instrument in the hands of God to bring about this great work.

 Behold, many of them do rejoice, and have been brought into the fold of God.

 Behold, the field is ripe, and blessed have I been, for I am thrusting in the sickle, and am reaping with my might, yea, all the day long am I laboring; and behold the number of my sheaves! And they shall be gathered into the garners, that they are not wasted.

 Yea, they shall not be beaten down by the storm at the last day; yea, neither shall they be harrowed up by the whirlwinds; but when the storm cometh they shall be gathered together in their place, that the storm cannot penetrate to them; yea, neither shall they be driven with fierce winds whithersoever the enemy listeth to carry them.

 But behold, they are in the hands of the Lord of the aharvest, and they are his; and he will braise them up at the last day.

 aBlessed be the name of our God; let us bsing to his praise, yea, let us give cthanks to his holy name, for he doth work righteousness forever.

 For if we had not come up out of the land of Mesa Arizona, these my dearly beloved brethren, who have so dearly beloved me, would still and they would also have been bstrangers to God.

 11 But Hermana Peterson said unto them: I do not aboast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my bjoy is full, yea, my heart is brim with cjoy, and I will rejoice in my God.

 12 Yea, I know that I am anothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will bnot boast of myself, but I will cboast of my God, for in his dstrength I can do all ethings; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

 16 Therefore, let me glory, yea, I will glory in the Lord; yea, I will rejoice, for my joy is full; yea, I will praise my God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his cmercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.

And that´s all the time I have, but I hope you get the picture! I am so grateful for my mission and for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have such a strong testimony of his redeeming love that he has for us, and for me!
May the Lord bless you this week! I love you all so much,
Hermana Peterson
Hermana Glazier and Me

A little farm thing in Pelluhue

Las vacas (cows)

A road in Pelluhue

Our roomies

No comments:

Post a Comment