Monday, April 14, 2014

4/14/14 Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!

We went to the beach today, and oh how I have missed the beach. I love the feeling of tranquility and peace that the beach brings! I love love love the beach! And this one even had a PIRATES CAVE! I was expecting to see Jack Sparrow pull up on his ship and I definitely sang the pirates theme song. Pirates will forever be one of my favorite movies. While trying to jump onto the rock to climb up on it, I half fell into the ocean (we had to time it right and run and climb when the waves went out) and my timing was WAY off and I got soaked, but I didn´t feel as bad, because almost all of the elders got soaked too.

Pirate's cove

Inside the cove


Yeah, we got wet

We made it to the top

My zone on the "little bus"

Happy birthday this week to Aaron and Annie! I hope your days are super-dee-dooper!

We saw some huge miracles this week! We had been really struggling and decided that we needed to call Hermana Arrington and talk to her. We weren´t seeing any success and just felt pretty crumby about it. She told us that numbers DON´T matter, and what matters is if we´re doing our best or not. Wise woman she is. She told us that we´re learning patience to prepares us for being pregnant. She is the coolest mission president´s wife ever. She talked to us like our mom! Yes, we cried, we laughed, and we felt tons better after. We then kept working with the little faith we had left, and we found Ingrid! She´s a reference from a less active member, who has met with the missionaries before but never gone to church. We invited her and she accepted! On Sunday, she walked in with her mom, and then after church on our way to lunch, we stopped and picked up the less active member Ruth, (we were in the family´s car) and she said guess what?! The hermanas worked a miracle today! My daughter has never gone to church, and she came looking for ME this morning! She´s looking for lots of peace and is really struggling in her life right now. She´s got 2 boys who could be potential investigators too, so if you could keep Ingrid in your prayers that would be awesome! Hermano Victor also came to church again and he took the sacrament for the first time in 20+ years! I love the Calvo family SO much! We are seeing TONS of progress with them, but the prayers are still awesome!
So this week´s Preach My Gospel chapter is "Heavenly Father Reveals His Gospel in Every Dispensation."  I know that because our Heavenly Father loves us that He truly does call and work through prophets. I KNOW that we are led today by President Thomas S. Monson, and I know it because I´ve prayed about it. I know that he is the only person who has the authority and the calling to speak for God to us. Prophets are called of God to testify of this work and to teach the Gospel. We have had a chain of unbroken prophets from the time that Joseph Smith was called as prophet in the 1830´s. There is a talk in the Ensign this month that I want you to read, called "Follow the Prophet" by Elder Walker. It´s SO good and helps us see that President Monson is a normal guy. Many of us have the warped conception that people of higher offices in the church aren´t normal people, but I know they are! Amos 3:7, DC 1:14-16, 37-38.   
 
No explanation needed

Well, you got a bajillion pictures, so sorry this is so short! You all are the best and I hope you have a fabulous semana! Keep keepin on, reading your scriptures, and sharing the gospel with everyone!
Have a happy Easter this next weekend! Jesus Christ LIVES!
Love,
Hermana Peterson
I want to be part of your world!! Oh, my crazy Hannah!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment