Monday, May 19, 2014

5/12/14 Elder Peterson - Hello

Alright, I apologize this letter is going to be really short. But it's probably going to be longer than I think because I'm going to be able to talk from my iPad. Here goes nothing I'm trying to speak this in five minutes.

Alright so there's a lot of things that have been going on this past week. Elder Hunt is going home and we've been super busy with a lot of the things that he had to do and get done before he goes home. We also had a lot of great success with working with members of the ward. It's really been a great time! Oh my goodness this past week has just been crazy. I felt like a blur almost. I think that one of the greatest things that happened this past week was we were able to go to the ward potluck that we had. The reason we had the potluck was because of the new boundary changes and we wanted to get to know all of the people that came into the ward. A few of the members brought some of their friends that were able to talk to and it was really sweet! There was one of the people in particular that came who we are really excited for. Her name is Heather and she was able to come to the volleyball/game night that we had a couple weeks ago. She really enjoyed it a lot and she was able to come to the potluck as well. She mentioned to her friend that she wants to start taking the missionary lessons and we can't wait until we set something up to go to teach her! Hooray for missionary work!

Alright, quick miracle. So I was on exchange this Friday with one of the elders in the Patuxent ward whose name is Elder Fisher. By the way he is a stud. Anyways, we got to the end of the night and we didn't know we needed to do and so we decided to pull over into a random parking lot to say a prayer. Elder Fisher had the impression to go to one of the grocery stores close by. Usually I would say that that wasn't a good idea but this time I felt good about it. So we started driving over there. As we were getting out of the car the first guy that we saw who is walking toward us said something to us and we were able to start talking to about the church for about 40 minutes. It was truly a miracle! Elder Fisher and I had a huge testimony builder from that experience.

Alright, last thing. I was so grateful for the opportunity that I had to Skype my family! It was great to be able to see them and to see how much they have grown! I love you all so much! Well I've been using a lot of exclamation points! Anyways, that's about it for this week.

This upcoming week is going to be crazy. We have transfers on Wednesday and I'm going to be having a new companion down here in Lexington Park Ward. I know that he's going to be awesome.

I love you all and hope that you have a wonderful week.
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment