Monday, June 16, 2014

6/16/14 Elder Peterson - Congratulations, Caleb on Being Baptized!!

Well, how's everyone doing? This past week has been another blur.

Can't believe how fast everything is going! There's only one week left in the transfer. I really don't want to go. Being down here in Lexington Park has been a great experience. I don't know if I'm going to be going or not, but I kind of have a feeling that I might be.
 
There really hasn't been that much stuff going on this past week. We had a lot of fun dinners with members, and we were able to visit a couple of our investigators. There is one miracle in particular that I wanted to mention. So we had an appointment on Friday with a couple of our investigators. We invited one of the recent converts in our ward Susan Hurst to come with us. She happened to live right down the street and so we met her at her house and walked down to their home for the appointment. When we got there they weren't there. It was kind of sad but it was all good. So we walked back to Sister Hurst's home and we left to go try to check on a couple of potentials. We decided to stop by one of our potentials named Anfernee. When we got there he wasn't home but two of his sisters and his cousin were home. We asked them if they would be interested in learning more about what we shared and they said yes. We were able to talk to them a little bit about our Heavenly Father and how the Gospel blesses our families. They seemed pretty interested and they were super smart. We are going to pass them off to the sister missionaries because they are technically in their area. Long story short our missionary areas changed recently and so we are going to have them meet with them. I sure hope that everything goes well. God is always preparing people to hear the gospel and if we are always doing what we are supposed to be doing, we will find those people.
 
Congratulations Caleb on being baptized! I'm so proud of you. Thanks for being a great example for me.
 
I had a few great studies this past week. I have been reading in the book of Alma in the Book of Mormon and I am certainly learning a lot.

I'm amazed at the example that the sons of Mosiah set in missionary service. They are truly studs, and I wish I could be just like them. It's amazing to me that they were able to go to a group of people who had completely turned away from all righteousness and were able to share their testimonies and allow them to feel of the Spirit. They're just so many cool stories in the Book of Mormon! I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. Everybody who reads it will be able to know that it is true.
 
Well I think that's about it for me. I hope that everyone has a wonderful week!
 
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment