Monday, June 16, 2014

6/16/14 Hermana Peterson - Makin Banana Pancakes, Pretend Like It's the Weekend Now...





Viva Chile!!


So, when other missions around the world have to stay inside because of snow, or storms, we have to stay inside because of fútbol (soccer). ¡VIVA CHILE! They won 3-1 on Wednesday night, and because of the game, we had to be inside by 6 and couldn´t leave till the next day haha seriously the people go CRAZY here! Take the Superbowl, times it by a million and that´s how it is each time they play. I love Chile so much :) So, when we were inside, we planned, cleaned, and then made ourselves some homemade vanilla syrup (there is no maple flavoring here) and banana oatmeal pancakes. Little by little mom, I´m becoming a good cook :)
Sorry, I was sick...but we enjoyed our banana pancakes!

 This last week it literally poured buckets. I´m not even kidding you. I have never seen so much rain in my whole life. I love the rain, and will still loving it, but I got a little relieved when I saw that there isn´t going to be much this next week. I think it rained more this last week than it has in my WHOLE life in Arizona...  not even lying. I also have never been more wet in my whole life. Mom, you would kill me if you saw me each day.. but you´ve got to do what you´ve got to do! :) I also have been crazy sick this week! I took little naps after lunch, and we kept going. I got a cold, crazy swollen lymph nodes (see picture) and a double ear infection. I´m still on amoxicilin (sp?) and will be for the next week. I´m not 100% back to normal, but I feel WAY better! I seriously was the walking dead. But never fear, the gospel is true! 
 
And the rains came down and the floods came up!

I'm a dork!

The Water was literally up to my knees!
 
video
 
 
Feliz Cumpleaños this next week to Carter and Bryson! I hope your days are full of love and gifts and all of that cool stuff! You guys rock! I love you both :)
 
So, through these last 2 transfers that Hermana Heslop and I have been together, the success has been really hard to see. We started out working really hard with less actives, and have seen the amazing fruits of it, but President Arrington just kept telling us that the blessings were coming, if we kept being obedient and talking to everyone in the streets. AND THEY´VE COME! Oh man, are you ready for this.... this last week we found Jaqueline and two kids, Agostin (11) and Catalina (14). They were a reference from a member, and they came to our activity last Saturday so we went by this week and met with them. They are the perfect family! They are looking for more peace in their home and Jaqueline has been looking for a church that fills her for a long time. We invited them to baptism and they accepted, but are praying about the date. They didn´t come to church on Sunday, but we had a second lesson with them last night and she had been praying about Joseph Smith. Joseph Smith is their biggest holdup, but they are praying about it. She said last night, "I want this to be true SO bad." So, if you could keep them in your prayers PLEASE! Agostin has been going to scouts for 2 years now and so he has tons of friends in the church! We have a noche de hogar with them tomorrow night with the family that gave us the reference. We are also still working with Olga, who is progressing great! She didn´t come to church either, but is praying to know because she knows that her church isn´t true. I just want to testify that I KNOW that the blessings that the Lord has prepared for us WILL COME, amidst trials and after much patience. This week was a hard week physically for me (being sick, and cold, and wet) but we saw so so many miracles. Also, after a 2 cambios that were harder and lots of obedience, we´re seeing the blessings. But, I can tell you that I have grown so much through all of these trials and tests. I KNOW that the Lord gives us certain trials and tests to help us grow and achieve our potential. I also learned this week, that we are here on earth to have these tests and trials. I read Alma 34 this morning that goes along great with the theme this week "Our life on earth." I am so grateful for the gift of being here in this life, having the experiences I´m having, and being able to grow and become more like my Heavenly Father every day. I know I´m not perfect, and I know he knows that too, but He loves me the same! I´m grateful that he trusts me to teach His other children here in Chile. I love being a missionary more than I can express. I think I´m going to write a book when I get home... "The things the mission has taught me." :)  
  

 "...Our Heavenly Father is mindful of us. He will guide and bless us as we put our faith  and trust in Him and will see  us through whatever  difficulties come our way... He is indeed our Father, and He is personal and real. May we realize how close to us He is willing to come, how far He is willing to go to help us, and how much He loves us." - President Thomas S. Monson

 
Well I hope you all have a fabulous week full of lots of heat and lots of fun! Enjoy life, read your scriptures, and share the gospel. It will make you happier than anything else in the world :)

 I love you all!

Love,
Hermana Peterson 

No comments:

Post a Comment