Monday, July 7, 2014

7/7/14 Hermana Peterson - Happy Birthday, America!

Mom, remember last week when you asked us what we were doing for the 4th of July? Well, as a surprise to us, the office had a secret party planned for us. Okay, not actually for us, but so on Friday, we had interviews with President and after they were going to take us out to lunch, BUT, in the office they planned a 4th of July lunch with balloons and all! So instead of going out to a restaurant with President, Hermana Arrington and the assistents we had a 4TH OF JULY PARTY! It was so fun. One of the office elders made a 7 layer bean dip, we had tortilla chips, potato salad, "rootbeer (fanta and sprite)" floats, chicken, and jello salad and REAL ranch. IT WAS SO RICO! Hermana Kauer also printed off patriotic songs and we sang them..good times in the office.




So in out interviews, President asked me what I wanted to do my last cambio. I told him I´d like to stay with Hermana Heslop and stay here in Hualpen, and he said he´d converse with the Lord about it. He said that most likely I´d stay put, but it´s a little less likely that we stay together for ANOTHER cambio. Dang. But we´ll see. We´re going to rock this week regardless.
Uncle Eric... I had a dream the other night that you called me and said, "Hannah! Guess what! I´m going to have me a son and his name is going to be Felipe." so apparently, Michelle was pregnant hahah I woke up laughing. So, I think it was a sign?!

This last week, I ate a cinnamon Altoid from my comp, and seriously it was like a burst of memories in my mouth. That taste reminds me of grandpa and grandma z, because they ALWAYS had those, it was a good second for me. I have the best 4 grandparents in the WORLD!

Speaking of cinnamon... we found this huge grocery store (jumbo) in our sector and we ran out to it this morning to do our shopping, and we found.... DRUMROLL PLEASE. CINNAMON LIFE! I´m sure the workers got a kick out of the screaming and dancing gringas. Oops :) You better believe I bought two boxes. It´s been at least 8 months since I´ve eaten some. I won´t however, tell you how much each box was!

So, I got news this last week that Elder Layton is headed home. He was supposed to come home a cambio after me, but he´s been REALLY sick and they don´t know what´s wrong, so he´s coming home. So sad, but I hope they can figure out what´s wrong with him!
Happy birthday this week to my favorite DADDY, michelle, jenn z., and emily! I hope you all have a fabulous weeks/days! Dad, sorry. My creative juices were just not flowing this week like they were for mom´s birthday. But, I still love you and hope you have un día lleno de cosas bakanes. ¡Tu eres el hombre!

Okay, bekah. I had a dream about you last night, and something dawned on me. Next year, if you go to ASU, WE WILL GO TO SCHOOL TOGETHER. HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE?!?!?!?! JAMAS have I thought that that would be possible, but it could be. MIND. BLOWN.

This last week I got to go back to Talcahuano for a mini cambio and I saw JUAN AND JOCELIN. She came walking in and saw me and burst into tears. She was SO happy to see me. She´s headed to the temple this next week to do baptisms for her grandma and Juan´s grandma.  Seriously was one of the highlights of my week. Also, Jaqueline FINALLY came to church!!!!!! It was all I could do to refrain from jumping up and down with excitement when I saw her come in. I was playing the opening hymn, and saw her and just poured out my heart with gratitude. She only was able to stay for sacrament meeting, but my companion heard her say to a few ladies that came up to her that she´s going to organize her schedule so that she can stay the full 3 hours this next week. I´m SO excited! Her son Agostin, came for the 3rd Sunday, and he wants to be baptized so bad, but we have to help Jaqueline keep going strong! It was amazing. We have another lesson with them tonight, and we´re going to put a date with them. She´s so ready! We also found Angelica (16) and her mom Ingrid this week. During the lesson, Angelica randomly stopped and told us that she went to the Methodist church all last year, but stopped going finally because she felt empty there. My comp asked her how she felt right then, and she burst into tears. She said I feel filled. She accepted baptism for the 2nd of August! It was SUCH a powerful lesson and I´m so glad that the Lord is in charge of everything. I love this gospel so much and am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve a mission. I´m grateful for the opportunity that I have had and keep having to see the spirit touch others. This gospel truly is the greatest possession that I have. I´m so grateful that amidst my weaknesses, the Lord trusts me to share this with everyone. I feel so honored that I have 3 cousins and my brother serving right now. They are such great examples to me!
At the training meeting with Elder and Sister Waddell
Zumba girls!

Some of my favorite ladies!
 





Well that´s it from the south end of the world. I love you a bushel and a peck.
LOVE,
Hermana Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment