Monday, September 15, 2014

9/15/14 Elder Peterson - I love Missionary life!

Hello my friends, this is Elder Peterson just wanting to write you all this week about how great it is to be a missionary. It's so great. I love it! So this past week was another crazy one. Elder Wilcox and I were running all over the place. We had a crazy Zone Conference on 9/11 that went really well. It was pretty long though. But, we were glad to have everyone safe and sound at the Stake Center just in case things got crazy. We were able to reflect on 9/11 and how much of an impact it had in all of our lives. Even those missionaries who are from foreign countries remember the day that it happened and what it did for them in their lives. I was quite amazed. I really don't remember that day too well to be honest but I remember how I felt. It was a cool experience to reflect on it.

So, transfers are on Wednesday and I found out that Elder Wilcox and I are staying together! It will be fun. We also found out that we are moving to a new apartment...I am kinda bummed. We aren't going to have roommates anymore. Elder Manning, Elder Ortega, and Elder Swensen have been a lot of fun the past 6 weeks. I am going to miss them!

So we were able to take Tamar to the Visitors Center on Saturday. He really had a great time there. We watched a short video about a missionary and his experience to help Tamar understand the importance of missionary work. It was the perfect video for him too! We also watched the "God's Plan" video which is played at most Visitors Centers I believe. It goes through the life of a family in 10 minutes to portray the importance of families. Tamar really liked it. Overall it was a positive experience for him. We were able to reset his baptismal date October 5th so please pray that it will happen this time! He came to church and is really making progress, we just need continued prayers for him.
 
Well, this morning we had the opportunity to take some photos of the sunrise down at the National Mall. Right now I am writing this email at the Korean War Memorial. It is really peaceful here. It was a neat experience to be able to really think about what this country truly means to me and how beautiful the National Mall is. How truly grateful I am to be serving here. It is such an amazing experience. The Spirit is evident in my life and in the life of so many people over here.

I love you all. Have a wonderful week!
Elder Peterson

My view where I am writing from...The Korean Memorial

Sunrise! Capitol Building in background
My companion Elder Wilcox and Me
 Me, Elder Ortega, Elder Wilcox, Elder Manning, and Elder Swensen
 
The Gang in front of the Lincoln Memorial


No comments:

Post a Comment