Monday, September 8, 2014

9/8/14 - Elder Peterson - You got more rain than me!

Wow, another week has gone by, and another week to look forward too! Here is what happened this past week.
 
So, we had our last visit with Gabby. I don't think that I have mentioned her very much, but she is really sweet. She has been investigating the church for a while now and she is really awesome.

She has had a hard time with figuring out if this truly is the path that she needs to take. We have been trying our very best to help her with her concern, but ultimately it is up to her to decide for herself if this is what she wants to do. We know that it is going to bless her life! The reason why this was our last meeting with her is because she moved to New Jersey to be with her family before she goes to BYU Idaho in January...yeah that's what I said...she is going to BYU Idaho...and she is not a member...but I will be really good for her. We took a picture with her and I am going to include it this week.
 
We also were able to visit with Tamar a couple of times. He is doing pretty good, but he didn't come to church this week because he was sick! We are gonna have to push his baptism back a couple of weeks.

Elder Wilcox and I agree that he is still not ready but he is doing so well! He just needs a little bit more time to prepare so his baptism will truly be an amazing experience for him.

I read a scripture this morning that I really want to share. It is Jacob 6:11 "O then, my beloved brethren, repent ye, and enter in at the strait gate, and continue in the way which is narrow, until ye shall obtain eternal life."

This scripture is so awesome! It lays out the purpose of life, and the way that we return to God. Jacob is such a good book, and he has a cool name...just sayin'.
 
Another thing that happened this past week was that I was able to go on a couple of exchanges. One was with Elder Stanley and he is from Peoria, AZ. He is really cool and we has such a good time together. While we were on exchanges we had a giant storm hit hard and it looked like the clouds we starting to create the early stages of the tornado. To tell you the truth I was a little scared, but everything turned out alright. The area he is serving in is called Potomac which is basically the city with the richest people in the whole U.S. The houses were ginormous! And surprisingly everyone was pretty nice. I also got to go on exchanges with Elder Loveless. He goes home this transfer which is next week. He gave me some really good advice and I really appreciate the great example that he sets.

Mission life is just so crazy! We have so much going on this week. Interviews with President, District meetings to attend, and on 9/11 President is having the whole DC zone come to the Visitors Center for emergency reasons only. There are a few scares in the world right now and President doesn't want to take any chances. We are going to have some activities and lunch and different trainings. Elder Wilcox and I are gonna give one of the trainings and we are pretty stoked for it.
 
Congrats my family for playing hard in all of your sporting events! And I think that you got more rain than I did this past week!

Well, that's about it for the week. I love you all and I hope that you have a great week!
Elder Peterson

Our Zone Activity
Oh and for zone activity we played kickball and we had a slip and slide from 3rd to home. It was a lot of fun! Our team almost won everything but we lost the championship by 1 point. Bummer....

Elder Wilcox and one of our investigators Gabby

Party in the Car!

My new bank!

No comments:

Post a Comment