Monday, October 13, 2014

10-6-14 Elder Peterson - General Conference!

Keeping up with the speed of the work can be pretty crazy sometimes. Not only crazy, but very challenging. I have seen myself stretch and stretch until my limits are reached. And then my limits are improved. Then I can attain much more then I thought I ever could. That is the power of self discipline.

Something that I learned from conference this past week is that I have to push myself even harder. I have to define my limits, because with God, nothing is impossible. I have to recognize the power of the
Atonement that strengthens me when I am weak, motivates me when I am exhausted and brings me peace when I am stressed. Ultimately, it is the Atonement that helps me to become a better me.

I really enjoyed the words of Richard G. Scott in the Sunday Afternoon
Session. He simply laid out 4 tools that we have to help us overcome
the power of the adversary. I have seen how these tools have worked
at my character. Thank you Mom and Dad for being such great examples. I really appreciate your love and for your desire to raise me in a home where Family Home Evening, Family Prayer, and Family Scripture Study are a priority.

If you haven't been able to watch General Conference yet, watch it!!
It is an amazing opportunity to recognize the hand of God in our
lives. He truly leads us through inspired leaders in these latter
days!

I love the Gospel. Sometimes it is challenging, just like it is
supposed to be, but living it is worth it. Always.

So it is amazing how fast time flies. It is already October! Halloween
is coming up pretty quick. Then Thanksgiving and Christmas!! I am so
excited! I love the holidays. It is a great time to reflect on the
most important things in life. Faith, Family, and Friends.

Alright, there really isn't much else to report on. I am just grateful
for the opportunity that I have to be serving a full time mission for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It will forever be a
milestone in my life. 

Well, I love you all! Have a wonderful week! 
Elder Peterson 

No comments:

Post a Comment