Friday, November 28, 2014

11-24-14 Elder Peterson - Almost Thanksgiving

Well, hello everyone! Life is good. Real good. It is almost Thanksgiving and I am getting really hungry. And I am excited to play some football too!
 
Well, this past week was pretty great. We were able to teach a lot of people and we were able to have some great experiences. One of the cool things that happened this past week was as a mission we were able to go to the White House and get a tour of it. It was pretty cool. Now I can say that I have been in the White House...I think that was the greatest thing that I got out of it. Hey at least I got something out of it though! 
Find your favorite missionary!!
Do you know those weeks that are so busy you just can't remember anything? Yeah that was this last week. I am really drawing a blank on what to write about....ok I just remembered something.
So this past Thursday we were able to go to the Anacostia District Meeting. It was a very spiritual experience. So for those of you who don't know what a District Meeting is, it is a training meeting for a District, which usuallly consists of about 3-5 companionships of missionaries. These meeting usaully have about 2 trainings that last about 10-15 minutes. Then the missionaries usually do some "roleplays" where they will take on the role of an investigator and practice teaching. I hope that all made sense but these meeting are a weekly thing and last about 2 hours. They are really awesome. So this particular meeting was really good because the trainings that were given were really inspiring. One of them was given by one of my former companions Elder Redmond! He is super awesome. He talked about the Laws and Ordinances of the Gospel and how we can teach them more effectively. The other training was on the topic of prayer and it was also very good. Overall I was just grateful for the spirit that was present at the meeting.

Well, I am really looking forward to this week. We are going to be able to go the Temple as a mission on Wednesday and I am in need of a great visit there! Then it is Thanksgiving. It has been deemed by President Cooke as a non proselyting day and so we will be spending most of our time at member's homes and making sure that they don't have any leftover food. :) I don't think I am going to survive Thanksgiving. I am going to go into a food coma and never awake from it. 
 
That's about it for this week though! I hope that everyone enjoys Thanksgiving and I hope that everyone reflects on all of the blessings that we have! See ya!
 
Love,
Elder Peterson

Cheesy Me!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment