Tuesday, November 11, 2014

11/10/14 Elder Peterson - Life is a Balancing Act...right?


Well, winter is almost upon me over here in Maryland. It is starting to get really cold. We were driving to our Zone Training Meeting on Friday morning and the windows had frosted over. So, I used the wiper fluid to try to clear it off. It worked like I expected...but then it froze over again. Yeah, it is a little cold out here. For all those I am writing who have lived in cold conditions and have experienced this before...I am a newbie okay? I thought it was kind of cool actually.

So, life has been pretty good this past week. Elder Lim and I were super busy with some planning for meetings and stuff. When we get busy like this it is very difficult to find time to work in our proselyting area. It can be frustrating at times but we are getting use to it.
Life is a balancing act right? I think if there is one thing that I have learned from being a missionary it is how to balance our time. Trust me, I am no professional at it, but I have gotten a lot better at it. You would be so proud Mom! :)

So a couple of miracles from this past week. We were able to go on exchanges this past week with a couple of Elders. Elder Gold came to White Plains 2 with me. We had a great time together. He has been out on his mission for just a little bit less then me. We had a great talk in the morning after I had a very powerful study in the Book of Mormon. We talked about how we are both feeling at times the feelings of "trunkiness." I have found that these feelings come quite naturally as a missionary is coming to the end of their mission. I know that I feel it at times. I have noticed that is isn't a feeling that stays with you if you don't let it. We talked about how we both need to work on suppressing these feeling when they come. They can really damage work ethic. It really was a neat experience being able to talk to him about it. I am grateful for the times on my mission so far that I have been able to have really awesome personal studies. Those studies tend to lead into really awesome companionship studies as well. 
 
Also that day we had a really awesome lesson with our investigator Richard W. His wife wasn't there at the time and so we just taught him. We had some cool members come with us too, which is always a great help. We were able to teach him all about prophets and how important they are. We invited him to pray about President Monson and he did! He said that he feels really good about it. It is exciting! He is making progress!

On Friday we had our Zone Training Meeting. It really was an inspired meeting. One of my former companions Elder Wendt, gave a really awesome training on how to find people to teach. It was really cool. He made a comparison of Hide and Seek and Finding people to teach. Can you all think of the comparison? I'll let you use your imaginations....

Well, anyways. this week is going to be so awesome! Elder Kacher of the Seventy is coming out to visit us. I cut my hair today just so I could look extra good for when he comes. It is going to be a spiritual and an amazing experience.

Well, I love you all! Have a great week!
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment